2

I call the number I found in the cabin where Ivy passed away. Its been what- a year now? At least I can finally get some answers now that I live alone. It starts with 703- isn't that Virginia? The other person on the line picks up. It sounds like an old man- maybe in his 60's?

"Hello, thank you for calling Rocky's. How can I help you?"
The man says.

"Hello? This is Henry. Did you know Ivy Lovell?"

I ask. I wonder if she used to work here. But we are located in Florida...how is that possible? Maybe she moved from there?

"...Yeah. She was a...pretty but messed up lady. Why?"
He says in a quiet tone.

"A year ago, there was an incident where we fled a school shooting here in Florida. She got me to stay in a cabin with her where I found her...deceased. This number was written in a drawer in the cabin."

I explain. I look at the walls of my apartment while I write down our conversation so far on a piece of paper, waiting for a response.

"Oh...that's sad to hear. I can't say it surprises me. She used to have breakdowns here at Rocky's and she'd yell at customers. Found out later she was not who we...thought she was."

"What do you mean sir?"

I say and listen carefully. I get ready to write down more as I tap my pen against the paper gently.

"Why don't you come down here and visit? I'll pay for the flight online."
He says.

"Alright."

TIMESKIP: When Henry arrives in Virginia, at Rocky's.

I step through the doors of an obviously old diner. The once probably vibrant floors had faded to a dull, muted yellow. Despite its state of ruin, there are still clear signs of life. As I walk deeper into the building, greeted by a distinct smell of coffee and stale air. Behind the counter stands an old man. Who I recognize as the person I spoke to on the phone 

 "Hello, sir. Are you Rocky? We talked on the phone."

He nods and smiles. I take a look around. Dark, rusted signs hang on the doors and windows. Some time ago, it may have hosted hearty dinners, and friendly service. I take a seat in a stool that looks somewhat fine.

"So, what about Ivy were you going to tell me?"

I ask. The old man hands me a slightly torn old worn out article.
The heading being "POSSIBLE GANG MEMBER SPOTTED AT ROCKY'S  MAY BE APART OF THE TINY HORNS. POLICE ARE INVESTIGATING THE MATTER"
My eyebrows furrow as I take in this information. I look up at the man.

"...Is this article talking about Ivy?"

The man nods and sighs.

 "Listen kid, because this is important. She was recognized as a member of the Tiny Horns. They are located in 7 different states. I'm not sure which ones, but a big bunch of them are down here in Virginia. But the odd part about this...is the cops didn't let anyone make online articles about this or even let news stations make reports about it. If you ever asked the cops...they'd say they don't know what you're talking about. I'm not sure what it was about...but it was pretty damn weird."

I pull out my notepad and take notes. What was she thinking??

"Did you ever see anything weird or hear anything else?"

I ask. He sighs.

"Not much. But I do know you should search for the Tiny Horns. Just...keep this on you."

Rocky hands me a black old gun. I raise an eyebrow before grabbing it. I observe it before stuffing my notepad in my pocket.

"Thanks. I'll be going now. Best of luck to you, Rocky."

I stand up as he smiles and waves goodbye. I walk out of the rusted doors and enter my car.
Gosh- I feel bad for that man. I can't see that diner being open the next time I stop by.

I search up "Tiny Horns gang Virginia" on my phone. Photos of a specific devil tattoo are shown and I start to drive around, but I stop when I see someone in an alley with that same tattoo. I park my car sloppily and slam my car door open, running to the sketchy man. He has blonde hair and a few scars on his face. One covering his green temple, one on his nose, and another small one on his cheek.

"SIR!! SIR!!! I NEED TO SPEAK WITH YOU-"

...why did I do that? WAIT– HOLY CRA-

The man pulls out a gun and points it at me.

"Don't move or I'll shoot you. You with the police, man?"

He says and nods his head. I shake my head.

"N-No sir! I was here to speak about Ivy! She-she passed away and I need information! I won't call the cops I promise!!"

I say in a frantic manner.
I stupidly put my only weapon on the ground. The same gun Rocky gave me. The man slowly lowers his gun and grabs mine off the ground.

"Follow me. Don't make any sudden movements."