6

About two months later....hes been in New York, showing people photos of Ivy, but no one knows her...except one man.

A taxi driver.

HENRY'S POV

I get into the car.

"Hey man, really quick could you tell me if you know or knew this girl or where her family lives?"

I ask. I let out a breath I didn't know i had been holding when he nods.

"Yeah, her name was Elise. She used to live down the block over here."

"Oh...um...could you take me to where her family lived?"

"Sure thing."

The driver says. I watch a few minutes later as he starts to drive into a ghetto and poor looking neighborhood. He pulls up to an old house. I thank the nice taxi driver and step out of the nice yellow car before heading to the door. My nose scrunches as I walk closer. The windows are cracked and dusty, and the place reeks of mold and cigarettes.

I step in front of the door.

Knock knock knock...

"Hello? Anyone home?"

Silence.

Knock knock knock...

The door slowly opens. I see an old woman with an eyepatch. Though all I see is her face, as she only leaves the door cracked open.

"What do you want?"

The old lady says.

"Eh..did a girl by the name of Elise live here?"

"BACK UP!!"

She exclaims in a hostile tone. Now she slams the door open, a gun in her other hand.

"Alright alright! I'm sorry if I startled or threatened you mam, I just wanted to know about her. I promise I'm no cop. I swear she was my high school crush!"

I hold my hands up. After a few moments she lowers her gun.

"Daniel get over here."

She says and turns around. I see an older man in a wheelchair comes over.

I hear her whisper to the man quietly.

"Okay." The old man says as the woman looks at me.

"Come in, boy."

She says as I lower my hands. I slowly approach the entrance and walk in.

"Elise, Elise, Elise...crazy kid. I wish I had never taken her in."

She says.

"Taken her in? Was she adopted?"

I ask as she pulls out a seat for me.

I stare at the chair for a moment as she speaks. It's old and seems like it'll give out any minute.

"No thanks"

I mumble.

"Well, anyway, she was in an orphanage. A sketchy one. It was an orphanage for kids who had criminal backgrounds and needed a family. Little did I know she...murdered her mom. The lady said she did it in self defense but I later found out that wasn't the case."

"Oh?" (streamer reference?)

"Yup. When we brought her here the house was in good condition. But...one day we got into a fight. Now, we had fights all the time. She was a crazy kid. But..I never truly did ever know how mentally unwell she was. I don't think I will ever know."

The old man says.

"What happened in this fight?"

I ask.

"She stabbed me in the eye and beat him until he was in a wheelchair. I...I don't even know how a kid could beat a grown man but...it was like the devil took over her. Ill tell you something right now kid, and remember this,"

She says.

"Elise was not who you think she was," The old woman says.

"And so we kicked her out. She hung out with drug dealers and sketchy men all the time, and she always had mood swings, but after that fight I had it. I simply couldn't deal with her. I couldn't bring her anywhere because she kept trying to harm me. So I cut all ties with her."

She finishes.

"Oh, and we were flabbergasted when we saw her on the news in another state, declaring she was dead. They said the boy who found her wanted to be anonymous- ohh."

The old man adds.

"So that's who you are?"

He asks.

"Yup. That's me."

"It's a small world ain't it? Anyway, she apparently had been traveling with her psycho aunt who was also pretty insane. Not as crazy as Elise though. Its also a bit odd how she was called "Ivy Lovell'' on that news broadcast. When we adopted her she was Elise Collens."

The woman says.

"Anyway, there's an abandoned place a few blocks down. She used to hangout there a ton. Maybe you can find some stuff there."

She points to the door.

"Thank you mam. I'll be on my way then."

I wave and open the door to leave.

That was about the craziest stuff I've heard in my life.