4

I drive around the block to get the nightmare out of my mind until..I see the same shop from my dream. I park in front of the shop and get a bad feeling. It's okay...a little question won't hurt right..?

SPOILER ALERT: HE WAS WRONG

I walk into the store and walk up to the lovely lady at the front desk. A man is putting stuff on shelves. 

"Hello young man, how are you doing on this fine day?" she asks. 

I smile.

I'm horrible. "I'm fine. Uh- I had a dream about this place. Do you know Ivy-"

"GET OUT WE WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU OR HER!! LEAVE AND NEVER COME BACK!!"

...RUN RUN RUN RUN!!!

I turn around and run as fast as my legs can take me. I forget to go to my car because my fight or flight is screaming flight.

I'm so stupid I'm so stupid...WHY DID I DO THAT!?

I keep running until a sketchy old man in a trench coat pulls me aside into an alley. He has short gray hair and gloves on.

"Are you Henry Rockwood?" He asks. I nod slowly.

"Who are you??" 

I raise an eyebrow and back away slightly. He pulls out a badge.

"I'm Detective Hawking. A little birdie told me you saw the Tiny Horns yesterday?"

...I really should've been more careful...

"..."

I stay quiet. No way I'm telling this guy anything.

"So you have?"

He says.

"..Yes. But its not how it looks...I need information on someone. So if you want to know anything about them, you need to give me the information I need."

He sighs.

"Listen kid, your not the one in charge. How about this, after you tell me ill tell you what you need."

He offers. It doesn't sound too bad...and detectives can't lie...right?

"Fine."

I pull out my notepad I always carry with me, and write down as much as I know.

"Good. Here's my number, call me when you're ready."

He hands me a card with his name and number. I nod and walk back to my car.

The following night....

I grab the card, my phone in my other hand. I sigh. I have to try...I know I should stop but...she...she wouldn't have given me Rocky's number for no reason...right?

I call the number and listen to the soft ringtone. Pick up...pick up...

"Hello, Detective Hawking speaking."
He greets.

"Hey, this is Henry. Here's what I need help investigating...."

And so they talked about the incident from a year ago for hours and hours at a time.

"I'll call you back when I get the information kid..."

"Alright."

I say.

"Oh...and uh..stay safe out there."

He says quietly.

"I will. Goodnight."

"Goodnight."