Mondstat

I blinked. What is this terrible headache? This wasn't right. I open my eyes to find myself in Akane's office. She was scolding us, explaining that we should've used the map instead of Kronnii's gut feeling. She lets out a deep sigh. "I'll let you go for now since this is your guys' first mission together but next time you won't be as lucky."

How did I get here though, and why did Cerise transport me to that universe?

Me and Kronnii walk out of the office and towards the actual Mondstat.

"Kronnii?" She hums out a 'hm.' "What do you need?"

"Well, are there any other universes besides ours?"

"I mean, theres the real universe if that's what you're talking about." She responds. "I'm not sure about the rest."

"There's Nikushimi!" Yume exclaims. "Nikushimi is the main world where all universes meet and plan. Only the most powerful leaders can go there though." Powerful. I'm guessing the people that escaped the virtual reality go there. "Are there anymore?"

"There are many. But I have to say, maybe the one you're looking for would be Morrigan. No one goes there though. They say that it's an infinite meadow and many that venture there never return back." Yume says with thunder in the background. The mood quickly changes, "Why do you ask?"

"Hm. That's the place. I just heard some rumors about it and was curious." I lied. I can't have them knowing that I managed to escape from that hell hole.

We keep on walking until we find a statue. It's a statue of their god, Barbatos. He'll be really helpful in our mission but sadly, it has been told that he has been in a deep slumber for about 4000 years. We see the city of Mondstat in the distance and Kronnii starts dragging me again. "Kronnii I can walk on my own!" We run into a forest. I start getting a sick feeling in my stomach. The cool wind blows by eerily and gives me chills down my spine. I feel eyes staring at us, not looking away. I turn around to find a tall woman with a fox mask but when I blink she disappears. I take a big gulp and start dragging Kronnii to exit the forest. I know something bad will happen. I just know it.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see a boy with twin braids and a bard like outfit. His eyes were wide open, mouth agape, and he seemed to be staring at something. Did something happen? I decided to ignore it and keep sprinting out of the forest.

We finally get out of the forest and I let out a deep breath. "Chara, why were you in such haste to get out of the forest?" Kronnii asks me, curious. "I had a bad feeling." I said briefly. I turn around, to watch the forest. The way the branches move in the wind is relaxing in a way. But then, there I see. A singular eye spectating us from afar. It's large, with only a pupil and sclera, no iris. Then, I see it look away for a moment. It disappears. Did it notice me? "Shouldn't we get going then?" Yume says. "Y-Yeah."

We continue walking. I can't get my mind off of what happened. What was that eye? Who was that boy? Why was he so terrified? I have so many questions. We see a girl, also with a such horrified face. She seems that she isn't from this world but also isn't a magical girl. I remember Kronnii telling me a bit about something called experiments. 'They were just normal people with a great life but then one day they got kidnapped and put in this world without their permission. They were experimented on to figure out how to keep the magical girls, or us who chose to be here, stable and healthy. They did unimaginable tests and killed about 70% of the test subjects. You could say that they were the original victims of the simulation.' is what she told me about them. This girl must be one of the lone survivors of the experiments.

"Hello? Miss are you alright?" Kronnii walks up to the woman. Personally, I don't think that would be a good idea.

"E-Eh! Stay away from me!" The girl flinches. She put her arms up as an act of defense.