A new opponent or a new ally?

Today's the day I'm finally going to Asgard, the city of teamwork. I'm excited... but at the same time a deep ocean of anxiety is rising up towards the surface. Why am I nervous? It shouldn't go as bad as how Mondstat went right? But then I remember what had happened in Aurelius. It's.. unbelievable how so much chaos could happen in that short period of time.

I was about to walk through the sliding doors but then my body suddenly stops. Why? I try to command my body to take another step but it just wouldn't budge. Am I possibly scared? I can't be right? Then I wouldn't be fit for a magical girl. I try and keep walking. It still doesn't work. I feel just a different feeling today. Anxiety? Fear? Who knows. But why today? Am I scared of Ferelith? No, that can't be it. My body is already mentally and physically aware of the fact that I may have to fight her someday. Am I scared of dying maybe? Why would I be though. I have been trying to do that for most of my entire life? I place my hand to my head. What could it be that I'm so afraid of?

I'm then forced back into reality from a hard headchop. I turn to see who it is. "Hey! Could you move your useless ass for once!" hollers the pink haired girl. Oh it's her. I was really expecting it to be Yume or something. Where is Yume anyway? Did I seriously manage to lose my Travel Companion? I groan. I receive another headchop. "Hey don't ignore me!" I sigh and walk out of the lobby, sluggish.

I grab my phone and look at the map. I grimace at the sight of it. Eugh. It's 56.9 miles away. This is going to take a while. Might as well start running.

I first pick up a light jog. I run past all the buildings and towers. The cool morning air against my skin feels nostalgic in a way, from those times I would be late to school and those days where kids would make me play tag without my consent. I chuckle. I miss my childhood. I wouldn't have a single care in the world.

My life was simple in a way. I put on the VR, despite the consequences, mainly because I just felt bored. It was the first time that I felt that I had discovered something extraordinary, extravagant, supernatural. I had thought that if I could share this to the world I would seem knowledgeable, astonishing, admirable. I thought that I could become someone I was not. Yes, that still is technically possible though I thought that I would be put in a better place, heaven you could call it. But in reality, there is no such thing as a place truly like heaven. There will always be some sort of negative factor that you can't remove mainly because of fear, anxiety, anger too maybe. For example look at our planet, Earth. It's a miraculous planet as it is told to be the only planet with life currently on it. But the truth is, Earth isn't much of a miracle but moreover a curse. Well let me rephrase that. Humanity is the curse that was bestowed upon Earth. Wars, pollution, many things are happening, just for someone's selfish desires. I have an actual no idea why I am in this world, living. Out of all the souls god could've chose to be reborn, he chose me. Why? I probably wasn't a hero in any way. Looking at my personality, I could say that I was most likely just a bystander, observing all things happening, not doing a thing about it as if there were shackles were holding me back.

I didn't have an outside life. In my free time I would just be doodling in my room alone. I would open the blinds for a second, watch all the other kids playing together having fun, then close them again. I don't have a reputation either. All of that type of stuff seemed somewhat worthless to me. I had to focus on my studies, career plans, my future. Everyday I would talk to just about one or two people. Those two were Akane and this weird popular girl. She was the complete opposite of Akane, but just a bit far off from Kronnii. She was boastful, mean, sassy in a way. She would talk for hours and hours, and will never get tired. You could say that she was simple minded. I never truly had a friend. I felt that I don't belong in that place. Everyone had their little friend groups while I would just sit at my desk and watch them from afar. From time to time I would try to speak up, try to join in on their conversations, but they never would listen.