6 | Déjà Vu

He dropped me off this morning at 9, on his way to work. No one was really up yet because school was out, and the parents were headed to work or already there. I thanked him, and I made my way in the house. I found myself walking slow. Slower than usual, sulking in my decision. I climbed up the steps and went to check on JoJo. He was knocked out, which only made me happier to know I wouldn't have to explain to him, at least not right away. Sitting on my bed, I felt sadness threatening to engulf me. Then I looked to the duffel bag he had given me and wiped my tears. He had given me $5,000. It wasn't all of what I needed but it was a start. I had one day to make $2,000. I knew how to make it, but I wasn't proud of that either. I sighed and decided that, I had to go see Parker. I had to make shit right with him, there was no way I was just gonna leave it like that. I grabbed some jeans, a graphic tee, and some jays, and got in the shower. I heard shuffling, just as I stepped in. "JoJo!" I called out. He peeked his head in the bathroom as I poked around the shower curtain.

"Chase imma go hoop with Looney and Nino, I'll be back before you go to work tonight"

"Okay.. be safe!" I yelled after him. I heard the front door slam and I went back to how I really felt.

I had let a man touch me, grab me, feel on me, like I was his property. Like he owned me. I thanked god that Damien didn't try to have sex with me but we did sleep in the same bed. Just the thought of his body pressed against mines made me sick. I wiped the tears and made a mental note to get my shit together. I could deal with my emotions when we were back to being on track.

I got dressed and sprayed on that perfume that I knew Park loved. Looking at myself in the mirror I reached at my necklace and it seemed oddly familiar, almost like I knew someone that had it. Then it came to me. Park had it. He bought me the necklace to match his, but why? What did it mean? He .. he loves me? Shit! This man loves me. I grabbed my keys and phone and darted down the steps. Making sure to lock the house up and take note of who was up in the hood today. I looked down to Parker's house and saw his car parked out front. Walking up the steps of his porch, anxiety grew in me. Fuck It. I knocked on the door and stood there twiddling my thumbs, and biting my lip. I was nervous as fuck. He came to the door and I stood in awe. Parker had hypnotized me. He stood before me in no shirt, and a towel wrapped around his dripping wet body. The beads of water fell so perfectly on his skin. "What?" he said in an annoyed tone. I looked to his face.

"Park, can we talk?" he gave me a look that told me he was unsure what he felt about me anymore. I had to try and prove to him that I did love him. Even if that meant telling him what I had to do last night. He took a seat on the couch and I sat right next to him, placing my hand on his on his knee.

"Park look, last night I wasn't completely honest with you. I lied to you Parker. I told you that it wasn't the right time for us.. I told you I wasn't the girl for you.. I lied. I lied to your face Parker because I am completely and utterly in love with you. I have never felt more emotion for anyone other than you. I need you in my life Park, you are my life. I could not have gotten this far without you Park, I couldn't" I said my peace and Parker looked as if he didn't know what to say.

"Chassia, why you keep playing with me? Why you keep leading me on and then taking five steps back and acting like you don't love me. I can't keep playing games with you Chase. I don't have time... Then I see you on your way out with some rich nigga.. I'm supposed to sit here and be like everything good with us? Na, it's not." he got off the couch and began walking toward his room. I followed right behind him. I was not going to just give up.

"Parker I'm not playing games! If you knew why I had to lie to your face last night, you would understand, but I can't tell you that! I can't Parker! I can't tell you what happened last night because you would hate me" I yelled at his back. He turned back to me as we stood in the narrow hallway.