Chapter Five: Reunion

Third POV:

Near the streets of the castle's outer settlement Washed in the ghostly light of the nascent dawn, Sunny and Kai were walking through the ruins of the cursed city. The night was slowly crawling away.

the artificial Sun was shining in the distance and Sunny wasn't feeling one bit of Discomfort, in fact, he even welcomed the artificial warmth.

And Somewhere in the distance, the waves of the dark sea were halting their eternal assault on the stone walls of the ancient city.

Sunny didn't take the safest route to the Outer settlements but took The fastest route instead.

As they ventured into the ruins. A massive, four-legged beast was walking through the morning mist, letting out a child-like cry. Its flesh was rotten and emaciated, hanging from the bones like a tattered coat. Sunny could clearly see the white arcs of its ribs through the holes in the rotting hide, the unnatural darkness hiding behind them, and the powerful jaws of the partially bared dog-like skull that were full of terrifying teeth. One didn't have to be a genius to understand that the horrid creature was one of the Fallen masters of the ruined city.

Sunny didn't bother himself to battle the Creature Since it would attract unwanted attention but didn't circle around it either.

Instead, Summoning the Talking Rock He activated its annoying enchantment and threw it so hard that it flew past the creature's face in a blur.

Startled by the Sound, The nightmare creature turned around and ran after the Rock.

Sunny could have waited till the creature left on its own but he was too eager to leave, and couldn't afford the wait.

Sunny and Kai had long grown accustomed to each other by now, Kai especially seemed to be fond of Sunny ever since he learned about the Pale Man's Flaw.

For him, Sunny was the very first person who was completely honest with him. Although he was still trying to digest half the things that Sunny told him the night before.

After their little 'sleepover' Kai was at least starting to trust Sunny enough to follow him through the ruins of the Dark City.

Soon enough Sunny decided that it would be appreciated if they Took a rest for a couple of minutes, Since Kai would be fainting from exhaustion at the rate they were moving in. And apparently, The poor guy hasn't eaten a thing for a couple of days at least.

Luckily, their hiding spot was somewhat close, to their destination.

"We'll have to stay here for ten minutes. So, Get comfortable."

Sunny said and Tossed him the Eternal Spring. The charming young man drank greedily, as though someone dying from thirst.

Soon Kai detached himself from the bottle, wiped his lips, and smiled in pure delight.

"Thank you Kindly!"

Their Rest didn't take long, and eventually, they continued their journey.

Along the way, Kai had asked Sunny so many questions. All of it variated from things like what types of shoes were in fashion, which celebrity wore what to some pompous award ceremony, who of them had a scandal and what was that scandal about, what was the latest dance craze, and so on.