𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓- 𝐒𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧

𝐅𝐞𝐛𝐫𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟐

The imminent archives of this day are indefinable, I don't have a date, but the nostalgia is carved into the interior of my core and brain. Lucian bored them there; I could say this was the beginning of something. I couldn't put my finger on it though. There's got to be more.

Lucian was in his healing process after Vivian left him in a broken state, he persevered through the full length of the upcoming days with weeks being an understatement. He was the happiest person alive with his friends around, the positive energy outshined the lies that conquered his wounded self. They wrapped a gauze that he didn't know he needed. Vivian stole the luminous smile he had constantly, and her absence flared it. He grew accustomed to the serenity and inception when talking to strangers. For him, there was unrequited amities, and he was free for them.

In this week, it felt weird that I had to do projects to an extent. I had a presentation in Spanish class and today my world history teacher wanted me to turn in a slide show presentation or a drawing about ancient technology. He decided to give us two days to work on the project and they had flown by fast. "I gave you two full class days to work on your projects. That should've been enough time for all of you to finish them." Was his judgement to the class, and I would like to argue and actually I think the whole class would like to argue that it wasn't enough for a slide show presentation and the research that went along with it. And then he came to a decision, the teacher relented and let us finish our project. "You will have ten minutes, I repeat, ten minutes to complete your projects. When you are done you will place your papers under the projector or connect your slide show to the projector to present your projects." The teacher declared.

-Ten minutes later-

The teacher started to call people and they presented each of their projects, some had good drawings, and some had good slide shows with their information. Me and Marcelo were partners for this project, and we mainly focused on the drawing portion. We were able to collaborate on ideas for our topic, Mesoamerica. We looked up the Mexican flag and Marcelo colored the green, white, and red flag. I recall drawing an axe and maize which was corn on the paper. "Milena and Marcelo, you're up." The teacher called. Marcelo stayed seated, and I presented by myself. Like the teacher instructed, I placed the drawing under the projector. I pointed primarily to the Mexican flag on the paper and said, "To symbolize Mesoamerica in history we chose to draw this flag here because Mesoamerica civilization was a complex of indigenous cultures that developed in parts of Mexico and Central America. Over here, is a drawing of maize; they were domesticated by indigenous people in southern Mexico." When I said maize, I could see from the corner of eye that my classmate Mercedes was slowly nodding to the side. I tilted my head and found myself hesitating when I said it, thinking that I pronounced the word wrong. I read it as, "Maze" in my mind and freakily pronounced it right. "Ma-ee-ze." I spoke. Her body language was acted to solace me, seeing that I felt uncertainty. I showed the last drawing on the paper and described it, saying, "Finally, this is an axe. The Aztec warriors of Mesoamerica used an axe as a weapon to fight in their battles. This was their deadliest weapon and Mesoamericans in general would utilize as tools and they were a part of their cultural and spiritual beliefs because they believed in the gods." I was done with my presentation and the class had applauded in pride.

I know that I gave an entire history lesson on Mesoamerica, but the impending outcome of this case is promising and worth telling, the impending heartbeats devised the archive in my core. As I sat down, Marcelo was already grinning because of the success that we gained. We were around the last people to present our projects and that enticed the class to socialize. Marcelo and Lucian were conversing together, and momentarily, Lucian veered his focus to me. His glance showed a hint of enthrallment like something I had said made him want to ask me questions and he did. "What kind of Hispanic are you?" Lucian asked. That had been the first interaction he had with me. Not to mention, I found it as a correspondence that he and his ex had similar questions for me. "Puerto Rican." I answered, as I have always said. Lucian was Puerto Rican as well. I didn't have to ask him because I've heard him say it several times before. Looking back to this scene that replayed in my head over and over, I would say that this is maybe a dramatic description and not so much of an awestruck scenario but, the interaction pulled me towards my future falling.

Stuck in this terradome
All I see is terrible
Making us hysterical
There's got to be more, got to be more
Sick of this head of mine
Intrusive thoughts, they paralyze
Nirvana's not as advertised
There's got to be more, been here before

Ooh (ooh, ooh)
Life's better on Saturn
Got to break this pattern
Of floating away
Ooh (ooh, ooh)
Find something worth saving
It's all for the taking
I always say.