𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖- 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞, 𝐌𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞

April 2022

Third period. Third period. Third period. Third period. My reply spun in my head, concern or curiosity was what I could conceive from that interaction. I couldn't relish Lucian's actions and words. I preclude the joke by all accounts, but his question lazed. I think again, why was he doing this? My clime halted and I settled with my eyes wide open. I was steadily inching closer to the edges of my fanatic brain. It's a kind gesture, he and I don't care. I'll survive. I conjured, to stop myself from overthinking.

"Te voy a matar! Nene ven para acá!" I'm going to kill you! Boy come over here! Mercedes threatened as she chased Lucian in the classroom. The shift of moods were disoriented chunks of mania and anger that joined people's worlds. My world was full of theirs and I was lost. Mercedes cornered Lucian and he had a hopeful look on his face, seeing that my gaze was directed to his. "Ayúdame!" He cried helplessly. I was smiling cruelly; it might've not been the best time to tease him but from a distance I consistently saw him messing with people and some would take his humor lightly while others found him annoying. For Mercedes, I could hear it in her voice that she was not playing any games with him, so I played with her. I shook my head. "No." I muttered, smirking at my mockery and Lucian's grimace. He wanted to be reasonable and his begs failed him. Mercedes smacked him on his arm once and moved to her table. Lucian winced at the stinging pain his arm derived and walked to our table. Me, him, and Lorenzo. The student who witnessed me throwing up. Sat together at the second table to the right of this wide room. "Class, open your workbooks to page forty- one, we will be focusing on translations and dilations." The teacher avowed, beginning the lesson.

-15 minutes into the lesson-

"You will be assigned in groups to work on the unit nine worksheets, I expect them to be finished by the end of class. If you have any questions, you may ask your partners or most importantly, come up to my desk and ask me. I do not want to hear side conversations; you need to use this time to practice, translation and dilation related questions will be on your end of course of exam. Does everyone understand?" The teacher clarified. "Yes ma'am." The class responded in unison. In the next seconds, the class broke her rule and went off topic after they had done their work. Lorenzo and Lucian bantered at our table. "Milena has a perm." Lucian chuckled. Daggers tore out of my eyes. I didn't talk to them, I wanted to get over this period and act like I was never here. Now I wanted to smack Lucian in the arm, insane how I was chosen as a victim of his jokes. My hair is real and I'm not his friend.

Imagining all of the things
That I want to do with you
Has become my daily life recently
When I see you having fun
It makes me naturally laugh along with you

Your actions excite me, I toss and turn
There have been many late nights

Anyone can see that this is love
If we're together all day we'll get bored
But if I turn around, it's all you
I guess it's love, maybe.