Puzzle Piece

Engfa was still on the phone with Aoom with when her mind started creating scenarios.

"Is this drug a prescription drug?"

She asked. Aoom stayed silent for a minute as if thingking.

"It is. It's given to patients only under strict supervision of a doctor."

Engfa noted what the doctor said and then ended the call after telling her friend to go get some sleep. She walked back to Meena who is now talking to one of the doctors.

"We are waiting for the tox results. For now, the patient is in a stable condition."

The doctor said. Engfa tapped her chin with her finger before asking.

"Doctor, Officer Waraha. Is it possible for us to check for the presence of Midazolam in the patient's system?"

Both Meena and the doctor looked at her curiously. The doctor put his hands inside his coat before answering.

"We can try. The drug only stays in the system for about 3 to 6 hours."

The doctor said. Engfa nodded and thanked the doctor who went back to the ER. Meena looked at Engfa quizzically.

"Why the specific drug?"

Meena asked. Engfa looked at her before answering.

"We found a syringe on the crime scene containing traces of Midozalam. It's a drug that induces drowsiness. It's a prescription drug, so not anyone can get a hold of it."

Engfa said carefully without giving out too much information. She wanted to be sure before jumping into a conclusion. Meena nodded while looking at Engfa with curiosity.

"So there's a possibility that the criminal injected the victim with this drug before leaving them to drown?"

Meena said. Engfa nodded slightly and smiled with approval once again.

"You are good, Officer. Do you want to come to my station and work there instead?"

Engfa jokingly said making both of them laugh a little.

"I've been hearing positive things about you too. I hope we can work together one day."

Meena said while smiling admirably at Engfa. Engfa just smiled and nodded. They were later informed that the patient will now be transferred to a private room and they can wait there until she regains consciousness.

Unfortunately, the patient only knows very little English and speaks mostly in Japanese. Even Meena had a hard time understanding her.

"She's half british but hardly speaks in English because her dad left when she's just a little kid."

Meena sai while they're walking down the hallway of the hospital. Engfa nodded.

"She said that she's supposed to meet a friend but someone took her from the airport."

Meena continued. They took her friend's name but the person who took her from the airport was not yet identified.

"I'll have to bring this to the attention of my Chief."

Meena said while they are already outside of the hospital. Engfa nodded.

"I also need to talk to my Chief about this. Hopefully we'll have a lead once we have to this friend of hers."

Engfa said before saying goodbye. The dawn is already breaking when she and Win drove to the station.

"Guess the Chief is not yet here. It's still early."