Chapter 2

"Excuse my beauty, lovers, but this is a public area. Give some respect, please,"

Both of them stopped and looked at me with annoyance. Nawala lang 'yong kay Gago noong makilala ako.

"Who are you?" the girl with heavily applied makeup and a high-pitched voice retorted, her tone tinged with annoyance.

"Oh, long time no see," the man beside her, the same jerk from earlier, remarked casually, a smirk playing at the corner of his lips.

Long time no see, kanina lang tayo nagkita Gago!

"Yeah jerk, now please move over somewhere. PDA kayo," I retorted, my tone firm as I addressed the man.

"Hahaha, sorry, mi amor," he replied, looking at me with a mischievous glint in his eyes before turning to the other girl. "Ok, time's up. You can leave now."

"What?! I'm not satisfied yet!" the girl protested, her voice rising in pitch as she clung to the man's arm.

"Yeah, sure," he retorted sarcastically to the other girl, earning a fiery glare in response.

As the girl's anger intensified, she turned her fury towards me. "You! This is all your fault! I hate you!" she spat, jabbing a finger in my direction before storming off in a huff.

"Thanks," I muttered sarcastically to the guy before shaking my head in disbelief and making my way back to Kyle's car. Gosh, he was taking forever.

"Hey! Sorry about that," the man from earlier said, attempting to apologize.

I just ignored him, feeling irritated by the whole situation, and quickly messaged Kyle.

To: Ugly Duckling

Where tf are you? Ginagago na ako dito.

Frustration mounting, I tapped my foot impatiently as I waited for Kyle's response, wondering what could be taking him so long.

"I said I'm sorry. I won't do that again," he said. Napansin niya siguro ang pagtataka ko kaya itinama niya ang sinabi niya. "PDA,"

As I stood there, trying to contain my annoyance, the man took a step closer, undeterred by my lack of response.

"By the way, I'm Claid," he said, extending his hand in introduction.

Ignoring his outstretched hand, I simply turned away, refusing to engage any further. My focus was solely on waiting for Kyle to arrive and rescue me from this increasingly aggravating situation.

Just then, a familiar voice called out to me from behind. "Maya!"

Relieved, I turned around to see Kyle approaching, finally arriving to whisk me away from the unwelcome company of Claid.

As Kyle approached, Claid turned to face him, a knowing smirk playing on his lips. "Hey, Kyle," he greeted casually, as if they were old friends.

Kyle's expression remained guarded as he returned the greeting. "Claid," he acknowledged curtly, his tone betraying a hint of tension.

I watched the exchange between them, sensing an underlying tension that I couldn't quite decipher. Despite Claid's nonchalant demeanor, there was something about the way he carried himself that set Kyle on edge.

"So, what brings you here?" Kyle asked, his tone polite but guarded.

Claid shrugged casually, his smirk never faltering. "Just passing by," he replied vaguely, his gaze flickering briefly towards me before returning to Kyle. "And you?"