{Chapter Thirty-Six}

3rd POV

"Let's do this bitch!"

And with that the starting buzzer rang out across the stadium and following it was music. But not music the girls had picked, oh no, Mirko decided to pick her own music.

"Oh no..." Violet mumbled and suddenly a thud was behind her and the two spun around to see the tall rabbit hero, looking at them with a grin.

"Oh no indeed, now how about I give you two a ten second headstart?" They all looked at each other for a moment before Mirko smirked.

"10...9..."

The two bolted, in separate directions on accident and had no clue where they were going.

Layla went right, while Violet went left, since they were in a forest type arena there were rocks and all types of obstacles in their way.

Mirko chuckled and jumped after Violet, knowing it'd be easy to take her down first, "Oh Violet dear! I'm not going to hurt you!" Mirko was embracing the 'villain' title, it scared her a bit, but she continued.

"Oh Violet! I promise I won't go too harsh on you!" Then all of a sudden she watched the white haired girl stop, "Well I should thank you for making this so easy for me." As she got closer, she realised that Violet hadn't moved a single muscle since she stopped.

"Violet?"

Violet had stopped because she spotted something in the arena that overwhelmed her with so many emotions she couldn't move.

In the distance, she saw hazy figures of her brother and her playing around with toy cars in the grass, just what they did when they were younger.

She wanted to step closer, hear her brothers voice that she hadn't heard for what had to be months now, but just as she was opening her mouth to speak, she was pulled away by Layla grabbing her arm and yanking her into a tree. The figure of her and her brother fading away.

"Girl! Get your head in the game! I don't know about you, but I want to go to summer camp!" Layla whisper yelled. Violet nodded and rubbed her eyes.

"I do too." Layla sighed in relief and they both made their way through the trees, making up a plan as they quietly traversed through the trees.

"I was thinking I cover the ground in smoke, we use your light to find our way to the exit." Layla suggested, but Violet shook her head.

"Mirko can just jump into the trees and find the exit gate and wait for us. We have to find a way to distract her so one of us can hand cuff her." Violet explained.

A thought popped into Layla's head, but she had to think whether it was too risky or not. "I have an idea... but I think it's going to be too risky..."

Violet furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, shaking her head, "We have to do it. If you think it's the only way to win against her, we have to do it. No matter how risky."

Layla sighed and held Violet's shoulders, "Are you sure? I've only read how to do it, but I'm not sure what the down sides of this part of my quirk are." Violet nodded.

Before Layla could hesitate and rethink the situation, she grabbed the sides of Violet's head and closed her eyes, concentrating really hard. Violet suddenly felt her head go blank, like she was no longer in control of her body.

She was in the passenger seat of her own body, and Layla was now in the driving seat.

"Here's how this is going to happen..."

Mirko lazily leant against the exit gate, it had been about 5 minutes since she had seen either of the girls, "Where the hell are they?" She muttered to herself, then suddenly she saw a flash of white in between the trees.