Chapter 2 - Back in the past

I realized that I forgot to mention that while this story has some similar aspects as 'The Iudex's day off' like mates and marks and the like, this story doesn't always follow the same logic as that one.

Details will be revealed slowly in the later chapters.

~

~

Wriothesley's POV

 Istaroth...

 Who?

 I feel like I've heard the name before but I can't seem to connect a face to it.

 I reached out for the note to examine it further and see whether or not I could find a clue to the identity of its writer.

 But the second I touched it, the world around me changed.

 I found myself standing in a... puddle?

 No. It wasn't a puddle.

 The whole world around me was covered by a thin layer of water. Water filled with debris.

 Suddenly, a loud roar cut through the air and the next thing I knew, something slammed into the ground beside me.

 No, correction. Someone.

 It was a woman. Black hair, emerald green eyes. Her dress was tattered and torn all over, blood oozing from her would.

 "Hey-"

 "Tsk! Damn dragon!" She cursed disregarding my presence completely.

 With a swift movement, she was on her feet once more as if her countless wounds weren't even worth the notice, but not for long.

 Before she could take a single step a large clawed hand slammed her right back down.

 And I saw him...

 This was clearly Neuvillette's draconic form, only much, much larger.

 "Neuvillette!" I called out.

 But I got no answer. He just continued to glare down at the woman struggling between his claws as a low growl emanated from him.

 Could he not see me?

 Can they both not see me?

 What is this place anyway?

 "This is what I get for just wanting to nap in peace?" The woman grumbled, still not looking all too bothered by the large claws next to her face.

 "What is it that you want, God of Time?" Neuvillette's voice sounded.

 It was loud and deep, seemingly more like a growl than actual words.

 God of Time?

 Then it clicked. This was where I heard the name Istaroth before. When Neuvillette was telling me about gods I was unlikely to meet.

 "What is it that I- I just wanted to sleep! Did you seriously need to drive Teyvat to the brink of destruction?!"

 What...?

 "I see no reason for it to remain." Neuvillette growled back, his voice void of all emotions.

 "What about your children-"

 "My children... Like the first usurper came to this world, they can be sent to another one all the same. This world, however, has no reason to remain. After all, it took from me that which I cherished the most"

 "Your mate-"

 Her words cut off as she coughed up a mouthful of blood when more weight was slammed down on her body.