Chapter 3 - Awkward and tense

Wriothesley's POV

 After much thinking, I decided not to get involved too much in the main conflict leading up to the prophecy.

 I will however warn Navia so she can evacuate Poisson in time and everyone on that side can survive.

 Dougier and Beret can be dealt with in advance as well. That won't change much.

 Then there is Kiara's matter. Helping out and decreasing Neuvillette's already high stress levels even just a little bit will be good too.

 As for telling Neuvillette...

 I decided not to tell him anything.

 I will court him properly, albeit with a bit of a cheat seeing as how I now know exactly what he likes and dislikes.

 And burdening him with things about the prophecy he cannot change either way would not do him any good either.

 And trust me, I know he can't change a thing. Neuvillette thought long and hard about it for years on end and came up with nothing that could have prevented the death of Focalors.

 There was one person who I could tell about some of it though.

 Furina.

 For one, she can sure as hell keep a secret better than anyone.

 And two...

 She needs some serious reassurance right about now.

 Well, actually what she needs is a whole lot of therapy but I can't be of much help in that regard.

 I'm not thinking of telling her how it will all pan out, but she could use a 'you're doing well, Fontaine will be fine'.

 I would rather not have a depressed retired archon on my hands again especially since it also causes Neuvillette to be depressed.

 So yeah. I'm telling Furina a very, very censored version of everything.

 So.

 How does someone the Hydro Archon is somewhat frightened of set a meeting with her?

 By sneaking in through the back of course!

 Hooray for Furina and her secret routes through Palais Mermonia!

 Even Neuvillette doesn't know about most of these yet. Thankfully so, as I still haven't prepared my heart for greeting him without a kiss again.

 I want to kiss my little dragon!

 This isn't fair!

 Waaah!

 I know I kind of deserve it course, I stupidly got myself killed but still...

 It will take me ages till I can get to kissing Neuvillette again!

 Let's not even talk about the wedding.

 Wait...

 I will get to have a wedding with Neuvillette again!

 Wow!

 I'm starting to like this new chance at life a bit more.

 But for now, let's focus on sneaking into Palais Mermonia without alerting the hydro dragon.

 Fortunately for me, I had become quite efficient at it when my relationship with Neuvillette was still a secret.

 ...

 Ugh...

 I guess we'll have to go through that stage again.

 And then the mess with the reporters...