Garrence: Mystreet (s7)

"Garroth, you can't just sit in here all day," Laurence called through the door.

Garroth had not left the confines of his room for hours now. As of the events on Starlight, Laurence was beginning to grow worrisome. Even though he was not there first hand, he had an idea, as everyone returned from their extended vacation a shell of themselves. And Aphmau and Travis did not return with them, coming back months after.

Laurence nocked again, "Garroth.." He then huffed and rattled the door handle and pushed open the door. The room was alive - contrary to what Laurence assumed - the curtains were drawn to, and the afternoon sun gently shone through the window panes. Laurence turns to see Garroth standing at the foot of his bed, his chest gently rising and falling, and he stands motionless.
Laurence titled his head and stepped forward.
"Garroth, buddy, you alright?" This kind of stasis, if you will, had made itself a home in the regular routine of the house. It unwelcome in, grips ahold of Garroth throughout the day, and nine times out of ten, he stays that way for hours. Apparently, Katelyn does the same thing, just standing there eerily. Laurence looks over Garroth, his eyes the same bright unsettling green they always were when in these moments. Though he never explained what happens while in them to Laurence.

As Laurence shuffles closer, Garroths chest heaves. The green in his eyes slowly fading and Garroth blinked again. The blue of his eyes return, and he looks towards Laurence.
"Laurence?" He inquired, his voice slightly hoarse.
"Garroth," Laurence, steps forward to place a hand on Garroths shoulder. "You're gonna haff'ta tell me what's wrong." He says.
Garroth huffs and shrugs his hand off his shoulder. "It's nothing, don't worry." He says in a deep voice.

Garroth, over the time he has returned from Starlight, he has changed. He is slightly more closed off and serious, his voice deeper than it was before.
"Garroth, what's wrong? You've changed.."
"No, I haven't.." He replies.
Laurence looks at him, "Yes, you have, tell me!"
Garroth clenches his fist and closes his eyes, his blonde wolf ears tensing as he lowers them.

I will never get over that he was turned..

Garroth sighs, "Fine." He says.
Laurence smiles at him, "Good, now. What's caused this change?" He asks.
"I haven't changed, I've just.."
"Just what?"
"Everyone back in highshcool said I was 'too serious', and I didn't want people expecting things of me.." He explained.
"What do you mean?" Laurence says, and he grabs his hand to pull Garroth to sit on the bed.
"Garte always wanted me to do good, and be the best to take over his company, but I didn't want too.." I say.
Laurence squeezes his hand, looking to him, "Alright then, so, you've gone back to being serious now, why?"
"It's comforting to not be the bimbo-y older brother all the time.."
Laurence smiles.
"Thank you for telling me," Laurence says, "But you don't need to pretend, ya know?"
Garroth nods. "Can you- let go of my hand?"
Laurences' face grows hot as he moves his hand away from Garroths and into his lap, "Sorry," He chuckles.

A moment passes in the silence. "What do you see while in the stasis?" Laurence says abruptly.
Garroth shifts his gaze, "Not much of anything, to be honest." He says, "But I do just stand in darkness, sometimes."
"Hm.." Laurence hums, "Well, do you remember anything about the potion testing? I know from Lucinda and Kim that you, Katelyn, and Travis all went through that."
"I get flashes of it sometimes.." Garroth says softly.
Laurence frowns at Garroth in pity. "Can you describe them? You don't have to if you don't wanna.."
"There's a lot of needles and vials, machines too.."
"Huh? I though you just had potions given to you to drink.. not,"
"No, I think Travis had one of those. But since Katelyn and I were modified to be stronger.. we were u-um.." Garroth looks to the side.
"S'okay," Laurence says, reaching out to Garroth.

-

The constant, the humming of the bright lights would slowly start to drive me insane. It would to anyone, if all you could see was just a singular bright light for the past hour. I cannot feel my body at all - and I contemplate if I may have died. But then, the light sharply turns off and a woman steps to look over me.
"Hm," She hums, seeming so far away.
"Micheal, he's done," She says, removing a white coat from her shoulders, her blue hair then spilling out of the bun she had it in.
I hear doors close and a man with white hair stand over me.
"I must congratulate your father's loyalty, pulling you out of your sophomore year to help us." He smiles.
I do not speak a word, too tired to do so.
"Hm, well, this is better than the last time we spoke." He says, "You tried to kill me, you had a lot of fight in you to say you were only seven,"
The man turns away through the doors - that I can't see.

~

Yippe!! Oneshots are actually happening guys omg
(875 words)