On the Run: MCD

"He's down there!"
Running down the canal, jumping over river boats, Garroth makes it hurriedly over to the treeline – where the river falls down a waterfall, into faster flowing water.
"Hey!" The guards keep shouting. They've been after him for the past couple days, the bounty on Garroths head was not aiding in him 'hiding away' as he had hoped. Making it to the rushing water, where the ground became slippy, Garroth turned to still see the guards after him. His breath catches in his throught.
Irenedammit.
Garroth ran over the parted lock and leapt over the gap. He landed, and made a run for it down the other side, and into the tree line. Running, he slid down the embankment and skidded into the shallow water of the rivers estuary. The guards' voices were faded, and far away now as they passed. With heavy breath, Garroth pushed himself up, and shook the water from his boots. Swallowing hard, he scans the treeline. Nothing, only the simple sunlight shining throught the canopy and the groupings of birds chirping. Garroth sits back down, thumping into the ground and resting his head in the bank. He closes his eyes for a short moment; envisioning the manor back home. It would be around now, when he'd be called down for lunch by his mother. The smell of soup as he got up from his duties and made his way down the manor steps. Then, only to look again and see his father, holding out that bastard letter.
Garroth sighed and sat up. His clothes all caked in mud, and his shoes swimming in river water. He huffed and stood up again and walked along the rivers banks.
   He'd run out of coin soon. And with that, he'd also run out of food. Sleeping in a bed would be out of the question now, since the price for his return was a hefty one. His father was not one to let his heir slip through his fingers so easily. Sticking to the roads and forests would be the safest options for now. The birds chirped and sang, and the trees stirred. Then, a growle. Turning on his heel to scan the forest, Garroth spotted a small dirty golden dragon.
   "Hey," He said.
The little dragon tilted it's head at him, and gently rested its head against Garroths boot. It's throat purring. Garroth smiled.
   "What'cha doing following me, hey?" Garroth chuckles. His blonde hair blew slightly in the spring air. Bending down, Garroth holds out his hand to it. The little creature looks hesitant, but then slowly leans its head against Garroths palm. He ran his thumbs along the dragons' soft scales. Garroth sat down, and the dragon sheepishly stepped backwards. Then, stepped back, to then sit itself in Garroths lap, laying its head on his leg. It's long, lanky wings drapped over its body, as it softly breathed. Garroth smiled.
   "I reckon your name's Raven," He chuckles, the dragon looks at him with its beady black eyes. Garroth raises an eyebrow.
   "Sorry," He smiles, as the dragon lays its head back down, "I don't suppose you know how to get to Bright Port from here, aye?"

~
EEEP I've been having this idea for ages abt how garroth runs from home and finds Raven AHHH it's out of my head now, you can read it now :P
(564 words)