The Musangs

"Now that I immersed, lived and trained with them, my respect for them has gone up... Kapag nakakita tayo ng sundalo...kahit saan, magpasalamat tayo sa kanila.

Matteo Guidicelli, Actor on training with the army's Scout Rangers

Butuan, Philippines

March 11, 2026

Somewhere in a Jungle

In a thickly dense jungle on the dead of night, the ground is filled of heavily packed trees and the native fauna that covered the entire region.

As the sounds of insects and animals chiming their own voices on the silent of the dark night.

A distant chopping sound have permeate in the cold air as the sound grows louder on the seconds.

On the night sky, an S-70i Black Hawk helicopters is soaring on the cold air as it moves on it's infill point. It hovered on a open patch of land as it lowering itself

"Move out!" A figure called out as the helicopter door open up as mysterious people come out on the chopper.

Dozen green spotted figures with miltary gear equipment is forming a defensive perimeter as they disembarked exited the chopper.

The green dotted figures are equipped with military gear and equipment of that is considered top military grade from Philippines military standards.

The mysterious figures are the Philippine Scout Rangers, a Philippine Army elite units that specializing in anti-guerrilla jungle warfare, raids, ambushes, close quarters combat, urban warfare and sabotage.

"This is Lifter 1-1, the team is deployed. Moving outbound." The pilot of the Blackhawk replied to his radio as the helicopter begin to take off again and departure the area.

The S-70i Black Hawk departed the area as it leave the Scout Rangers to the performed  their own mission.

The leader of the Scout Ranger grabbed his radio and called upon his commanding officer on their command center.

"This is Echo Actual-6 to Kingpin, we have landed in our infil point, Over."

"This is Kingpin, we read you loud and clear, our intel has gathered that our captured men have been located by a NPA encampment somewhere about 800 meters south of your position."

"Break, your objective is to retrieve the captured soldiers and extracted them to our exfil point before more enemy forces arrived, Over."

"Copy that Kingpin, permission to commence the mission, Over."

"Roger that, you are permitted to commence the mission, Over."

"Copy, Over and Out."

The mysterious man being callsign Echo Actual ended the communication call to his superior officer.

His real name is Leonard Garcia or in short  to as Leon, a Philippine Scout Ranger, an team leader that is leading the operation in his command. They are tasked a given mission that is associated to their service on rescuing captured AFP soldiers from NPA militants on hostile areas.

He then looked at his own squad for their condition.

"Alright men!" Leon called upon his squad. "We need to move out before we lose the cover of darkness.

The squad of Scout Rangers carefully moved out to their area of operations. As they walked on the dense forestry of their environment as they make sure to not leave a trail of evidence of their presence.

They are using night vision goggles to see clearly on the evening darkness of the jungle. That is a tactical advantage as their counterparts only have flashlights that can be seen by both sides.