° ▪︎ the flight ▪︎ °

"Let's go, dad," Jackie told her dad. "I'm coming, sweetie." her dad responded to her. "Don't call me that, please don't call me that." Jackie told her dad. her dad had always loved calling her sweetie, but she was 19, and she was too old. She hoped that one day, she could get away from her entire family. But she couldn't. It was just too hard. Her dad needed her, and she couldn't leave now. She had to stay. She had always hoped she could go to KSU since it was where her mom went to school. But she didn't have the money or the grades. so she stayed here.

"we're finally here," Jackie said. she was super excited to finally have touched down so she could get to their new house and collapse. "I have a feeling the jet lag is going to be crazy," she told her dad while they were walking through security. then, her phone rang. "Hello. oh, hi faith. yes, we landed. Landon is going to be here in a few minutes. ok, love yall. bye," Jackie ended the call.

"I love them, but they're killing me sometimes," Jackie told her dad. "I get it, but they just want to make sure you're okay, " her dad responded. they were both tired from jet lag and everything else. "I'm just glad we're here now." "Me too."

her dad rented a car, and they drove to the airbnb, picking her brother up before arriving there. they were renting an airbnb that they could stay in until her dad could buy a house.

(NOT PART OF THE STORY)

hey guys. so, this is still a short chapter, but I have to make them short until I can actually make them long. I'm climbing up to the part I know yall want. just stick with me for a little while. I'm gonna write a ton over break, so just pay attention. thanks!

- Abby