New girl

*Your POV*

Hello, my name is Y/N Y/L/N.. Well— I guess you'd call me "SSA Y/N Y/L/N" considering, I've just been hired by the Federal Bureau of Investigation to work in the field for the Behavioral Analysis Unit here in Quantico, Virginia. As of tomorrow, I will be the "new girl" in the group of experienced agents... Let's see how this will go...

*The next day*

I woke up early and had a good breakfast, I spent a few minutes looking between the outfits I had picked out for my first day. "Which one says 'Smart and professional but still funny?" I asked holding up the choices for my pet fish. *Blub* "I agree.. nicely done Fishnando" I showered and got dressed. After much debate and asking Fishnando for his advice, I determined it was best to do some simple lipgloss and a slight shimmer on my eyelids. I elected to wear my glasses today and wore my hair down. I put on my shoes, grabbed my phone & keys, then left my freshly furnished apartment.

Fifteen minutes later, I arrived at my new job. I didn't need to be there until 8:30 but I parked outside at 8:12. Early is on time, am I right? I gathered my things, took a deep breath, and got out of my car. As I walked towards the building, my confident strut morphed into a timid walk. As I went up the elevator to the sixth floor, I gave myself a little pep talk. "You are smart and can do this job successfully. . Right. . ?" The elevator stopped and the doors opened. This was the sixth floor. It held some of the most elite profilers in the east and I would be joining them.. I stepped out of the elevator, there was a brunette woman and a blonde woman having a conversation at the brunette's desk. Their gaze shifted to me, "...Hello.. my name is Y/N Y/L/N.. I'm  looking for Agent Hotchner.." An older white man exited an office, "Miss Y/L/N, follow me" I walked up the 4 steps and walked towards the man, "Hotch, she's here." The older man said to a dark haired male who had a serious expression on his face. "Thank you Gideon.. come in Agent Y/L/N, sit" I did as I was told. We had a discussion about his expectations for me. Afterwards, I was introduced to the team. But, a person was missing. "Wow, it's after nine and Spence still isn't here.. he'd normally have been her 10 or so minutes ago" the blonde— who I'd learned is called 'JJ' announced to the group. As of right on queue, a tall man with moderately long brown hair rushed out of the elevator with a brown satchel on his shoulder and black Hightop Converse. "Sorry! Sorry! My alarms didn't go off!" "Oooh!! Pretty boy's lateee"  Derek Morgan joked around. Elle Greenaway added in, "Not a very good first impression on the new girl" she said gesturing towards me. "Hi, I'm Y/N Y/L/N" I waved, "H- Hi- I'm Reid Spencer- I- I mean Spencer Reid!" We made eye contact and it lasted a little too long. We both looked away from eachother. "Boy genius finally has some competition!" Penelope Garcia said, "What are you talking about?" "Tell him Y/N" "I got a full ride scholarship to Princeton at the age of 16 and graduated at the top of my class at 19." "She was also the youngest in the academy and was ranked 3rd overall"Garcia hyped me up to Spencer. His face seemed to be red/pink but that could've been from rushing to get to work..

*Reid's POV*

I woke up late for work and rushed to get there on time. However, I arrived 6 minutes late. Stupid stop lights and speed limits 🙄. As soon as I entered the bullpen, I apologized for being late. "Not a very good first impression on the new girl" Elle told me. I looked beside her, lo and behold, there was in fact a new girl. She was so pretty. So pretty and I just showed up late and frantic.. what an idiot. She introduced herself to me, meanwhile, my idiocy continued. "H- Hi- I'm Reid Spencer- I- I mean Spencer Reid!" We locked eyes and I could feel my face getting hot so I looked away. Garcia told me that Y/N would be like my competition because she went to an Ivy League, graduated early, at the top of her class, and was also very accomplished in the academy. I'm a year older than Y/N so she is now the baby of the group. I hope she's ready for all the teasing she is about to endure...

First partttt
🩷💜💙