Love...?

*Reid's POV*

Y/N has been talking about the same restaurant for weeks. It's a refined establishment that has proved very difficult to place a reservation for. But, after a lot of effort, I finally got on the waitlist. We'll be going tomorrow evening and Y/N is very excited.

I showed up at her apartment at 6 PM, Y/N was in a stunningly elegant dark red dress, gold heels, and golden jewelry. My jaw dropped in awe, "Hey Prince Charming, like what you see?" My girlfriend joked and winked at me. "Huh?— y- yes, very much.. you look beautiful." "Not too bad yourself" she quipped again and ran her fingers through my hair. "Ready to go?" I said with a slight blush, "Yep" I reached out my hand and she gladly accepted. I kissed her hand and we walked down the stairs to my car. I don't normally drive on dates but, I wanted Y/N to have some princess treatment.

When we arrived at the restaurant, I hopped out the driver's side and rushed to the passenger side to open the door for Y/N. "M'lady" I said with my hand out once again, "Thank you, kind sir" "Always a pleasure madame" Y/N giggled at our antics. Then, we linked arms and walked towards to building. As soon as we stepped foot in the establishment, we were delighted by a beautiful aroma. Due to me placing a reservation, our wait time wasn't long. When we were seated the waiter placed two menus at our candle lit table. He then left and came back a minute or so later with cold water to put in our glassware. Y/N ordered (smth at a rich place/Italian) and I ordered filet mignon cooked medium well; I wanted it to be cooked thoroughly but not get dry or chewy too easily.  We did not order any drinks because it's expensive, I'm driving, and Y/N does not drink. So, we stuck with our water.  But their rolls— their bread rolls were to DIE FOR.

We had gotten a quarter of the way through our meal before I felt my phone buzzing in my pocket. I chose to ignore it seeing as it very easily could be a spam call and Y/N and I were out at this high end restaurant. I felt it buzz again as soon as the call ended, and again after the second. Reluctantly, I pulled my phone out of my pocket to discover the calls were from Penelope. I sighed apologized to Y/N for the interruption and excused myself to go somewhere else to answer the call.

"Penelope-" "We have a case. Big big case." "Damn it" I said quietly, "K, I'll tell Y/N. So you soon" "Yeah" Damn. Damn. Damn. I walked back to the table, regretting answering the phone. Y/N could tell what was up by the way I was walking back, "Case?" "Yeah" she sighed. The waiter was conveniently approaching at that time, "How are we enjoying our meals?" "They're wonderful! But uhm- would you my bringing us two boxes, please?" "Of course, mademoiselle. Would you like dessert?" "No, thank you" "Right then, I will be back with your boxes and the tab shortly." When the waiter brought the check it wasn't too large of an expense. Yet, Y/N still insisted on chipping in. "Spence please, this is too much.." "Y/N, the only thing you can pay for right now is a tip." "But-," "Tip or nothing." "Finee" Y/N tipped generously and we left. Y/N and I each keep a 'go-bag' in my car and her car for moments like these. I drove us to the BAU we entered the building still in our dressed up attire and brought our 'go-bags' inside so we could change after briefing. JJ and Derek whistled and cheered at our wardrobe, "Dayummm I didn't know pretty boy good get dapper like thattt!!" I rolled my eyes. "Oh my goodness!! Y'all look so fancyyy!! This case ruined y'all's dateee!!!" "It's alright Garcia, you and the rest of the team can chip in for another 😁" I joked, "Sounds expensive... I'll pass." Elle responded.

We were given the brief and changed before hopping on the jet.

*Your P.O.V*

This case has proven to be rather challenging and we haven't gotten much info. We arrived at a crime scene and the local P.D had found something. We didn't understand it at first but my boyfriend made some connections to things he had seen before which made the situation make 1000 times more sense. "Oh my gosh! I love you Spence!!" "You— you love me. . . Verbalized..." "Y- yeah" *GuLp* "I love you too..." "Verbalized" I smiled lightly. This was our first time face to face verbally saying those words.. these cops probably think Spencer and I are insane... oopsie daisy!

That was so much writing abt absolutely nothing 😭😭😭

I think imma do a part two on this case

Please interact!!! Tell me any ideas you have for this or my other story thingies!!!

💖💜💙