Running Away

(𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐯𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕)

We've been playing Golf for at least 30 minutes. I think it's best to switch gears.

My battery is at 80% currently. As long as I actually charge my battery for a little bit, I'll be fine.

"Hey guys" I called out to the others. "I'm getting a little board of this. No offense Monty. Why don't we switch over to playing doge the foam cubes?" I said/asked.

Monty, Chica, Roxy, and Freddy, (who joined us in playing Golf, as we were making our way to Monty's Golf Course), looked my way. "Sure Steve!" Roxy exclaimed.

"No offense taken Steve." Monty said.

We made our way to the foam pit.

"Alright, let's go over rules." Chica said, as we arrived at the foam pit. "This may not be doge ball, and it may be something similar. But, lets keep the rules similar to the rules in doge ball. You have to doge the foam cubes, no aiming for the head, let's give each other plenty of space, as we don't want to bump into each other, and cause the other to need to take a trip to parts and services." She listed off.

"If you get hit by a cube, you have to go off to the side, until someone catches a cube, and yells 'jail break'. Now, as there are 5 of us, it would be a little easier to either play free for all, where there are no teams, and whoever catches a cube, yells 'jail break'. Or, one of us act as referee. Like, if we're not sure something counts, the referee determines if it counts, or not." Chica continued on.

"Let's try playing free for all!" I exclaimed in excitement. "That sounds a bit more fun."

"I agree" Monty said.

"Same" Roxy said.

"Sounds fine with me." Freddy said.

Chica nodded her head. "Alrighty then. Also, if, for some reason, no one manages to catch a cube, and yell 'jail break', we can jist start another round. This is basically just free play, no scores are being kept score." She said. She looked at Monty and Roxy when she said this.

I couldn't help but to giggle at that. Those two do get pretty competitive.

Monty and Roxy nodded their head.

"Alright!" I said. "Let's begin!"

We set up an army of foam cubes on the floor in front of us, and we got started on the game.

To say it was both a challenge, and fun, would be an understatement.

It took a good 10 minutes, before a 'jail break' was shouted.

Freddy and I, had been on the sidelines, after getting hit with a foam cube, 5 minutes in.

We played a couple more rounds, before Pat finally walked by.

"Wow! What's this?" He asked, looking curious.

I looked at. "Roxy came up with it! It's like doge ball, but instead of doge balls, it's foam cubes. And instead of teams, we're playing free for all. If everyone gets out, we just start a new round. And there are no scores, it's all for fun." I explained.

Pat let out a chuckle. "Not gonna lie, that sounds fun!" He exclaimed.

We all nodded our head in agreeance. Now, to see if I can convince him to join in, and then make a break away, after the next round.

"Why don't you join in?" I asked.

Pat looked interested in saying 'yes', but also looked hesitant. "I don't know." He said, trailing off.