☆ 16 : confusion.

Beomgyu couldn't stand their interaction further and ran out of the apartment. Yeonjun grabbed his hands but he let it off and ran downstairs followed by Soobin, Taehyun and Kai. 

......

Beomgyu stormed out of the apartment, the frustration boiling over. He found himself on a familiar park bench, the one where they used to spend hours talking about everything and nothing. Sinking onto the worn wood, he buried his face in his hands, the sting of tears pricking his eyes.

Suddenly, a voice broke the silence. 

 "Beomgyu? You alright?"

He looked up to see Soobin, his brow furrowed with concern. Beomgyu hesitated, then wiped his face with a sleeve. "Hey," he mumbled, his voice thick with emotion.

Soobin sat down beside him, his gaze gentle. 

" What's wrong? "

Beomgyu wanted to lie, to pretend it was nothing. But the words tumbled out before he could stop them. 

" It's Yeonjun," he confessed, his voice barely a whisper.

Soobin's eyes widened in understanding. "Is it about Jaehyun? "

Beomgyu let out a shaky breath. 

"Yeah. I mean, I'm happy for Yeonjun, really. I didn't know he would "fall" for Jaehyun, like I thought I just introduced the dating app for fun ... Why? But..." 

He trailed off, unable to articulate the jumble of emotions swirling inside him.

" I didn't know when did I have feelings for Yeonjun-hyung. Since the first day of school? I don't know! I feels jealous as hell. " 

Beomgyu cried.

Kai and Taehyun, drawn by Soobin's absence, appeared at the edge of the clearing. Seeing Beomgyu's tear-streaked face, they exchanged a worried look and joined them on the bench.

Soobin nudged Beomgyu gently.

 "You can tell us anything, Beomgyu. We're your friends."

Beomgyu took a deep breath. "I think... I think I like Yeonjun. More than a friend."

The admission hung heavy in the air. Kai and Taehyun's eyes widened, while Soobin offered a small, knowing smile.

"How long have you felt this way?" Taehyun asked softly.

Beomgyu shrugged, his cheeks flushing pink. 

"Maybe always? I don't know, it's always been hard to define. But lately, seeing him with Jaehyun... it just hurts."

They sat in comfortable silence for a moment, each lost in thought. Finally, Soobin spoke.

"So, what are you going to do?"

Beomgyu bit his lip. 

"I don't know. I don't want to mess things up with Yeonjun, but I can't keep pretending I'm okay with all this."

Kai, ever the strategist, chimed in. "Well, you can't bottle it up forever. Maybe you should talk to Yeonjun, tell him how you feel."

Beomgyu's eyes widened. The thought of confessing his feelings terrified him, but the idea of losing Yeonjun altogether was even scarier.

Taehyun squeezed his shoulder reassuringly. "We'll be here for you, no matter what you decide."

Beomgyu looked at his friends, their unwavering support a balm to his wounded heart. He knew they were right. He couldn't stay silent forever. But when and how to tell Yeonjun, that was a question he still had to answer.

As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting long shadows across the park, Beomgyu made a decision. He would talk to Yeonjun. He owed it to himself, and to their friendship, to be honest. The future was uncertain, but with his friends by his side, he knew he could face it, whatever it may hold.

... 

Beomgyu paced his room, the nervous energy crackling in the air. He'd barely slept, his mind replaying every scenario of his conversation with Yeonjun. Should he text? Call? Just blurt it out the next time he saw him? None of the options felt perfect.

Suddenly, his phone buzzed. It was Soobin.

" Hey, how you holding up? "

Beomgyu sighed. 

" Still a wreck. I don't know how to approach this."

Soobin chuckled softly. 

"It's okay to be nervous. Just remember, Yeonjun is your best friend too. He'll listen."

Beomgyu chewed on his lip. 

"Yeah, but what if he doesn't feel the same? What if things get weird?"

"There's always a chance," Soobin admitted. "But you also can't live with the 'what if' forever. Trust your gut, Beomgyu. And hey, we're here for backup, no matter what happens."

Beomgyu felt a surge of gratitude for his friends. "Thanks, Soobin. You're the best."

" Anytime. Now get some rest. You'll need your energy for tomorrow. "

...

With a newfound determination, Beomgyu decided to take Soobin's advice. He planned to see Yeonjun after their usual practice session, hoping the familiar routine would ease his nerves. The day crawled by, each minute an eternity.

Finally, practice ended. Beomgyu lingered as the others started packing up, his heart pounding in his chest. Yeonjun was the last to leave, stretching languidly before turning to Beomgyu with a questioning look.

"Hey, you alright? You seem tense."

Beomgyu took a deep breath. 

" Yeah, I... I need to talk to you about something."

Yeonjun's eyebrows shot up.

 " Uh, sure, is everything okay? "

Beomgyu met Yeonjun's gaze, a million emotions swirling in his eyes. "It's about... how I feel about you."

(dayum everything is so spicy)