2. Crime scene and confrontations

"Lets go." You bossed to Changbin, securing your glock 17 in your holster.

He nodded, getting up from his chair where he was waiting for you. The two of you walked out of the bullpen and towards the parking lot.

"Give me the keys." You said, as the two of you approached the car.

He scoffed.

You scoffed louder.

"Changbin, give me the keys!"

"No." His response was firm, as he got into the driver's seat of the car.

You groaned, before harshly opening the passenger door and getting in, slamming the door after you.

It didn't faze him, he just pulled out of the lot and drove to the crime scene with a stoic expression on his face.

It made you want to give him an uppercut.

Once he finally pulled up to the crime scene, you got out of the car to find a swarm of armed officers and the forensics department surrounding the entire area. The bold yellow police tape kept civilians away from the gruesome scene.

Changbin and you ducked under the tape, stepping into the crime scene you immediately noticed the inspector in charge and walked to him.

"Hello." Changbin shook his hand, showing him his badge. "Im detective Seo, this is Detective Kang."

You smiled and shook the inspectors hand as well, showing him your badge with your left hand.

He nodded, "Inspector Kim."

His introduction was brief, but he led the way to the victim.

You frowned slightly at the scene before you. A young woman, probably in her late 20s lay dead. A pool of crimson red blood surrounded her, and seemed to have escaped from the wounds on her stomach.

You sighed, as the photographer's camera flashed away around the corpse.

"The perp's weapon was right beside the body." The inspector informed, handing you a plastic bag.

Inside, lay a blood stained paring knife.

"A paring knife?" Changbin spoke aloud.

You nodded. It wasn't the ideal knife one would use for murder. But, it was a knife almost everyone had in their kitchen.

This made it impossible to know whether the crime was planned out, or purely spontaneous.

"Send it to the lab." You instructed, handing over the plastic locked evidence back to the inspector.

Changbin bent down towards the body, inspecting it. You, on the other hand, turned your direction upwards. You looked at the cracking walls of the alleyway, your eyes scanning for some witness.

"I need that footage." You said plainly, pointing at a CCTV camera on the wall to your left. "I also need footage from cameras in all the shops outside this alley.

"And the street camera footage." Changbin added, straightening up and away from the body. "Have it all sent to the precinct along with the lab tests."

Inspector Kim nodded, "Yes sir."

Changbin turned to you, "I think we're done here?"

Your eyes scanned the area one last time, to check if there was anything you missed.

"Yeah. We're done." You affirmed, "We'll leave you to it."

You nodded goodbye to the tall inspector, and walked out the same way. Under the yellow tape, and towards your car.

You turned to Changbin as he turned on the ignition, pulling away from the crime scene and towards your precinct.

"So, what do you think?" You asked.

He turned to look at you momentarily, before his eyes returned to the road. "Wow. Thats a first."

"What- what do you mean?" You furrowed your eyebrows, tone turning defensive.

"Since when do you care about someone else's input?" He chuckled.

You rolled your eyes, "Oh dont flatter yourself. I dont care."

"Alright then."

A long pause. Silence filled the car like thick and hot gas. Eventually, it started burning your lungs and you couldn't take it anymore.

"Listen, detective Seo. I-" You sighed, "We have been assigned to work together. And i understand this is annoying, but for the sake of the victim. Can we please put our differences aside and work as a team-"

Your words were cut off by the sound of Changbin's deep laughter.
You paused.

"You sound like an absolute idiot right now." He laughed, "Please, Continue."

You blinked, gaping at him. "You make it really hard not to punch you."

"Oh." He turned to you, a smirk tugging at the corner of his lips. "I know."

"Im trying to have a rational confrontation-" You began again, but were interrupted- again.

"Oh, can you please shut up. You make me want to swerve into a tree and im trying to get us back safe." He quipped.

"Oh im SORRY, I didn't know it was so hard for you to do a task as simple as driving. " You threw your hand up in frustration, tilting your body away from him and towards the window.

You stayed like that the entire ride.

'Reserved' was the right word to describe Seo Changbin. You would have said 'mean' or 'rude', but in reality- he was just.. Antisocial.

Changbin was always in his place. Did his job. Spoke only when absolutely necessary and stayed out of everyone's way as much as possible. He didn't have friends, he didn't want them.

People always thought Changbin was just mysterious and aloof. Curt, even. So they never believed you when you expressed just how bad-mouthed and annoying he really was.

How could they, when you were the only person that could bring it out of him?