7. Interesting and illicit

Just as you took the last sip of your soda, Changbin walked into the interrogation room with a short, chubby lady in her early 30s.

"Jimin, this is detective Y/N." Changbin introduced.

"Hello." You smiled politely as you shook her hand, "Please take a seat."

She looked absolutely distraught as she sat down. Her hair was messy and her face was tear stained, not surprising considering she had just lost her best friend.

"We were told by miss Jinha's boyfriend that you were her best friend." You began gently.

Jimin nodded vigorously, "Yes. We worked together. She was like a sister to me."

You nodded along, giving her a sad smile. "And did you see her at work the night she- the night of 20th march?"

"Yeah. I mean, my shift ended two hours before hers did, but i still saw her." She sniffed, "I didn't get to say goodbye."

"We're sorry to hear that. We were hoping you could tell us a little bit more about her relationship with her boyfriend..." Changbin probed.

She seemed to stiffen up at the mention of Seojoon, "He- he wasn't a very good boyfriend."

"Oh?" You simply said, encouraging her to continue.

"They tried to pretend like things were great, but really they were falling apart." Her voice was low, as if she was afraid someone might overhear, and then suddenly, it was louder again. "But he didn't kill her!"

You narrowed your eyes, nodding.

"And what about her ex boyfriend, Choi Minho?" Changbin asked.

"What about him?" She replied.

Changbin turned to look at you for a split second before turning back to Jimin, "What was Miss Jinha's relationship with him like?"

"Oh they didn't talk. They haven't for a long time now." She stated, rubbing her eyes in exhaustion.

"Alright.." You exhaled. It was definitely worth noting how the two seemingly most important people in the victims life didn't know about her ex boyfriend.

"Yes well, thats all. If there's anything that you want to-" Changbin began.

"No. Thank you so much detectives." She interrupted, getting up.

"Right well, i'll see you out." Changbin got up as well, while you shook her hand goodbye, and he took her out.

He came back 10 minutes later with a pale yellow file in his hand.

"Hey, check this out." He said, placing the file down and leaning down with one hand on the table, the other holding the head of your chair as his arms slightly touched your shoulder blade.

Was it weird to notice little skinship like that?

You shrugged it off and opened the file, inside was a criminal record.

"Choi Minho." You read, "A DUI and two charges for aggravated assault."

"In the same night!" Changbin pointed out, "Our mysterious ex has a criminal record."

"Interesting." You noted, glancing at his black and white mugshot. He was rather handsome, but the photo must have been taken after a fight since he had a black eye and a nose bleed, "Very interesting."

"I can't wait to question this bastard." Changbin spoke, amused.

"Dont sound so happy, he might have killed a woman." You rolled your eyes.

He shrugged, looking sharply at you, "Sometimes even i feel like killing a woman."

"We both know you're too chicken for that." You chuckled, trying to get him riled up.

It worked, because of course it did. You could swear he leaned in closer to you.

"You dont think i could kill you?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Nope." You gave him a faux pitying smile.

"I could take you right here right now, Kang." His raspy voice sent a flutter across your-- now goosebump prickled-- skin.

Your heart did something it had never done before as you felt your entire face heating up.

"That- that's not- that doesn't mean wha-" You stuttered to form a coherent sentence, but luckily, you were interrupted by a loud knocking at the door.

You touched Changbin's waist with both hands and pushed him away tenderly, "You locked the door again?"

He didn't reply, just moved to the side, making way for you with his jaw clenched because someone had interrupted your moment.

With him out of the way, you got up and opened the door to find Sargeant Bang with another man you recognized..

Choi Minho.

"Sir." You looked from your boss to Minho, who towered over Sargeant Bang with his impressive height.

Your boss was glaring, not at you but at the man that stood inside the room, because he knew all too well his tendencies. "Why was this door locked?"

"Sorry." Changbin put his head down.

"Dont do that again. Mr. Choi Minho has been waiting outside for a while." Your boss said, "I'll leave you to it."

And with that, he turned around and left.

You blinked, now alone with the tall and mascular man.

"Uh.. Come in." You said, moving to let him inside.

You walked right behind him and towards Changbin.

When you both reached the table- in a few short steps since the interrogation room was tiny- Minho's eyes landed on the open file.

His file.

You noticed an air of confidence around him as he sat down, his gaze moving from his file to you.
All over you.
Head to toe.

You noticed, and Changbin definitely noticed as he instinctively stepped closer to you.

"You've been reading up on me?" His voice was smooth as he chuckled at you.

"Just doing our job." You replied with a hint of annoyance. You weren't a fan of cocky people like him.

Changbin stood a little taller after your comment, as you took a seat. He grabbed the file, and turned to place it on the side table with the rest of your evidence.

He turned and sat back down, indicating that the interview had officially started.

This was going to be incredibly fun.