4. Tardiness and tension

"Oh fuck, oh fuck, oh fuck. Fuck. Fuck!" You muttered under your breathe as you climbed the stairs of your precinct. You were 20 minutes late because your car broke down this morning.

You were definitely going to be reprimanded by- Sargeant Bang? No. He was usually pretty chill about situations like this. It was Changbin you were worried about.

With a leap you opened the door between the staircase and your bullpen, and walked in.

No one noticed, obviously. No one cared.

No one but him.

You tried to ignore the fact that Changbin's eyes were trained on you from the moment you entered, and as you walked right in to your sargeant's office.

"Sargeant Bang!" You panted, bowing to him as you walked into his office. His door was always open.

"Y/N..Its okay catch your breathe." His expression was one of concern as he saw you trying to speak, but you were too out of breathe.

"Sorry. I- im late. My car broke down, and i had to take the bus and then- the lift is out of service! So i had to climb the stairs." You finally said

Your boss shook his head with a soft smile. "Its okay. Breathe. You're forgiven this once."

You inhaled in relief, "Thank you."

"Now i believe Detective Seo is waiting for you." He said, gesturing for you to leave.

You nodded, turning on your heel and walking out with your head down.

Changbin stood outside the door, his eyebrows immediately raising as he saw you.

"You're late." He remarked with a frown.

"Sorry." You muttered, walking past him and to the interrogation room that you had now made yours.

He followed right after you, "Im not done. Why are you late?"

"Car broke down." You exhaled sharply, taking a turn and walking into the interrogation room. You were already having a shitty morning, and couldn't deal with Changbin.

"What a bullshit excuse." He scoffed, closing the door behind him as he entered, and swiftly locking it.

"I dont recall asking for your opinion." You said, turning your back to Changbin and pinching the bridge of your nose.

"Well if you had been a more competent partner, we wouldn't be in this situation now would we?" His tone was harsh.

You turned around, your skin had began to burn as anger coursed through your veins.

"What?" You spat out.

His unfazed eyes met your fiery ones. "You heard me."

Before you could process it, your body had reacted to his blatant disrespect.
You lunged forward and grabbed the collar of his blue button up, pulling his face closer to yours.

His eyes widened momentarily as he was pulled forward, face only inches away from yours. He blinked, his gaze shifting from your eyes to your lips and back again.

Once he regained his footing, his hands reached up to grab your wrists.

"What the fuck are you doing?" He whispered, poison in his tone.

"Dont fucking talk to me like that." You whispered right back, glaring daggers at him.

He licked his lips, his grip on your wrists growing stronger. "Or what?"

You paused, just staring him down for the next few seconds. Somehow you noticed your gaze shifting over his face and resting at his lips.
For just one moment.
You couldn't actually do anything to him.

You exhaled, loosening your clutch on his collar as he did the same on your wrists. You shoved him back slightly, before walking out of the room.

You weren't usually this violent. Learning to control your anger was just one of the qualities of a good police officer, but in the last 24 hours Changbin had completely exhausted your patience.

You walked back to the desks, and towards your Sargeant's office for the second time today.

You didn't mind, it was a bright and large office with multiple collected knick-knacks from different cases. It was a massive improvement from your drabby interrogation room.

"Sargeant Bang, can i talk to you about the Hwang Jinha murder case?" You asked, walking in.

Your boss looked up from his laptop, gesturing for you to take a seat.

"Yes, Y/N..Whats going on?" He asked, closing his laptop and turning all his attention towards you.

"How do i put this?" You hesitated, "Uh.. Its Detective Changbin. He- He's an asshole."

Sargeant Bang's eyes widened at your language. "Well, that's one way to put it."

"No i mean-" You shook your head slightly, embarrassed."I really can't work with him anymore."

"Why?" Your boss placed his chin on his hand, looking at you intently.

"Sir, we don't get along. Im sorry, i tried but it's really getting in the way of my work." You sighed.

Your boss paused, squinting his eyes in concentration. "Did he say something?"

You bit your bottom lip, not wanting to rat on him. You were both adults, and you couldn't go complain to authority everytime he said something mean.

Sargeant Bang noticed your hesitation, stepping in like the amazing boss he was.

"Alright." He said, leaning back in his chair, "I can't promise you wont have to work with him anymore, but i promise I'll talk to him."

You gave him a grateful smile. "Thank you so much Sargeant."

"Anytime, Y/N." He returned your smile with his own, dimples on display. "Where exactly is he?"

"Interrogation room 1." You replied

He nodded, pressing a button on his desk that was connected to the speakers in every room. "Seo Changbin, come to my office right now."

You took that as an invitation to leave, bowing to him out of geniune respect.

Once you were out of his vicinity, your feet set their way to your favourite part of your office- the precinct's break room.

It had bean-bags to sit on, as well as more comfortable chairs and tables. The various bright vending machines served as your food most of the time.

"I need some soda." You whispered to yourself, making your way to the break room.
_________________________________________

authors note: i really really like this chapter because of the✨ tension✨
hope yall liked it too <3