Five

As I crunch the cereal in my mouth my finger flips the page to Chapter 6 . I couldn't be anymore excited after their kiss in chapter 5 . I flip it then start to read....

________________________________________

Chapter 6

My hands were on my lips that whole night . Our first contact , I can't seem to forget it . My heart didn't stop pounding that night .My brain is only repeating the same scene of him touching my lips . When I woke up the next morning I believe I woke up with a smile .

I follow my regular routine but my brain is imagining Ryan everywhere , in my pillows , bed , mirror , my brain , etc . I can't seem to forget him . I open the door to my bathroom , As I am picking up my brush,I am suddenly tapered into the wall with the force of one man ,
Ryan .
He has his arms around me and I don't know why but I can't seem to look away from him . He comes closer and closer each second , with my heartbeat increasing with the same rate . He is about 2 inches away from my lip ,  that's when he says " Good morning " ,
" Good...Morning " I say blushing
He gives me a quick kiss on my lips then pulls back .

"Christina is calling you for your second day " he says ,
I nod ,  "I will be ready in about 5 minutes " .
" I can't wait that long , Christina has ordered to not leave the hall unless I am with you " Ryan says in one breath
" Well then you gotta wait " I smile then say
I brush my hair then continue my regular routine .My eyes always seems to get a way back to Ryan each time I pass .
After I say I am done ,Ryan takes my hand kisses it softly the says " Looking beautiful" , "Thanks" I say ,
Then he walks front as I follow him .
He walked me to the same room i was in yesterday . I hesitate a bit but then walk in because Ryan was with me .

As Ryan opens the door, he stops ,salutes , then scoots over to right .
As he goes out of view I can see Christina standing with her legs crossed and hands closed together . She smiles as she sees me walk in .
"Hello ! Good morning " she says
"Morning .." I say
"Ready for your second day ? " She asks
I nod and she hands me a pill the same colour ,
"From tomorrow you'll be given your daily dose of pills at you door .If you want Ryan can sit or if you want sleep in the smae room if you wan-
"Thanks you ! Yes I would love to !!" I say without even waiting for her to finish her question .
" Alright then " she giggles ,
I take the pill put it in my mouth then swallow ,
I then close my eyes but just like yesterday I didn't see anything .

But it hit suddenly , my body lost all power and I fall to the ground .
A stopwatch ? That's what I saw when my eyes closed . After a few seconds it became normal and I stood up .
"What did you see ?" Christina asks ,
"Oh I saw a sto..p...wa-
I became unconscious again . I see that stopwatch again and after a few seconds my eyes slowly open .
When my eyes open , I saw Ryan , Christina and some guards looking at me , I was in my room .
"Oh thank god you are awake . It has been 4 hours since we last saw you." Ryan says .
"You said you got a stopwatch right ?" Christina asks
I am surprised and shook as well , I was unconscious for 4 hours ! No how are you ? , No Are you fine ? , she just cares about her stupid invention . Anyways I nod .

"Try snapping your fingers , you can stop time ! But it doe-"
I snap immediately cause I don't want to hear her talking .
I see Christina's face stopped in track .
I look around , everything is frozen in tracks .
"Woah , I was middle of speaking !" Someone says ,
It was Christina , but she isn't stopped .
"It doesn't work on you ?" I ask
"I was about to tell that but you snapped it already ! None of the superpowers work on me , I have a immunity band " She says as she shows me her band . It's a rainbow band with a huge C.A on it , probably her name .

I sigh , because I can't use my superpower on her .
"Alright see you , oh almost forgot this and some other superpowers works In a specific radius  only . Outside it , everything is normal . " She says .
I nod then she leaves stomping her heels on the floor .

I sit there with everyone stopped , imagining my childhood .
My childhood dream of having a superpower was always that I wanted to stop time . I used to play Statue Statue with my friends to get a feeling that I could stop time .
After my parents died in a fire . Me and my brother were the only ones alive . My aunt cared for me and my brother until I turned 16 . I got a job then began earning , my 13 year-old brother was studying and I was his hope for studies .
When the pandemic started I was 19, they took me away from my home to here . It has been 3 years . My childhood dream of stopping time has came true after 20 years . I don't where my brother is , how he is , but I am determined to return back , soon , eh ?

I snap my fingers back . Everything goes normal once again. The guards run back outside . Ryan is just looking at me like nothing happened .

"Tommorow we are going out ! " Ryan says staring at me ,
" Really ?!" I ask excitingly
He nods , smiles , then leaves. I stare and smile . He winks before he goes out .

Tommorow is going to be exciting ! Seeing the outside world after along time !

________________________________________

With the book in my hand I start to flip to the next chapter . But the bell rings .
I put the bookmark in the next chapter then begin walking to the door . I open the door and someone familiar is waiting out the door .

I smile when I look at him ..