Chapter 7: The Kingdom of Madness

(P.S the use of italics indicates a flashback)

It was just another day of training at the Monastery, and Sora was attempting to activate her powers without a spark from Riyu.
She had the broken remains of her motorcycle-mech laid out in front of her, and she tried to use her powers on them.
"C'mon, weird powers, why won't you work now?" she asked herself as she frustratedly stared at her hands.
Meanwhile, Arin was standing beside Lloyd and Harumi whilst anxiously looking over at the training course in front of him.
"Okay, I've got this!" he said to himself, before running through the row of swinging hammers in front of him. He passed it, and he proceeded to use his Spinjitzu to glide on top of a group of moving wooden cylinders. He then used his Spinjitzu to jump onto a spinning wooden cylinder with several other wooden cylinders attached to the sides. He got stuck spinning on the top, and Lloyd had to get him off using his Spinjitzu.
"Thanks Mast- er- Lloyd," Arin quickly corrected himself, "I thought I could do it, but I almost forgot that I'm the worst student in the history of students..."
"The worst?" Harumi asked him with a smile.
"Remind me to tell you about the time our friend, Jay, trained in the indoor training room in the south wing of the Monastery." Lloyd said to Arin.
"The Monastery doesn't have a south wing-" Arin pointed out.
"Not after Jay trained in it." Harumi added before Lloyd made an explosion noise.
"Listen, you learned a version of Spinjitzu by yourself; totally unheard of!" Lloyd tried to assure Arin, "But, to really learn to be a Ninja, you have to unlearn some of what you've already learned to have a more..."
"-balanced approach." Harumi continued.
Sora sighed, "But I don't have to unlearn anything, cause I never learned anything in the first place!
This elemental power stuff is impossible..."
"It took us a while to tap into our potentials, and, believe me, it wasn't easy," Lloyd replied, "But we both got there eventually. It just takes a bit of time and effort. I know you can do it."
"I'm not even really sure what my elemental power is-" Sora said frustratedly, "I mean, Magnetism-? Really?"
"I've never heard of it, either!" Lloyd admitted, "But I've studied elemental powers for my entire life. Heck, I hadn't even heard of Crystal until Rumi unlocked her potential when we fought the Overlord-
I'm telling you, the true power is inside you."
"It's true, y'know," Harumi said to Sora, "You just need to figure out what's holding you back. For me, it was my rivalry with the Ninja team...-"
"How could you have possibly had a rivalry with the literal saviours of your realm-" Sora asked the Empress. Rumi managed to muster an awkward half-smile.
"It's a long story," she briefly explained, "But, the point is, I needed for figure out what was holding me back. And, once I'd conquered it, I reached my potential!"
"Are you guys sure that I'm not just borrowing Riyu's powers?" Sora asked the two Ninja, "'Cause I haven't been able to activate them without him..."
"I mean, you saw us with the Matriarch," Harumi replied, "She made our powers go haywire!"
"But those were our powers, not hers." Lloyd added.
"If the power is inside of me, then how come I can't feel it?" Sora questioned.
"Every Elemental Master is different," Lloyd replied, as he leaned his staff on the wall beside him, "Cole could feel the power of Earth in his guts. Nya said that the power of Water flowed through her veins. And Zane could sense Ice power in his mind."
Before Lloyd could continue, Riyu began screeching from atop the roof of the Monastery.
"What's got Riyu all worked-up?" Arin wondered, before everyone other than Sora used Spinjitzu to get onto the roof. Sora sighed, before using a nearby ladder to join them on the roof.
"Hey, is that what I think it is!?" Arin asked excitedly, before pointing to a strange flying object going towards the Monastery.
It was the old Bounty.
"Kai took that ship to go and search for the other Ninja!" Lloyd exclaimed, "This must mean his mission was a success!"
Just then, everyone came to the sudden realisation that the old Bounty was on fire and heading straight for them.
"INCOMING!" Lloyd called out, before everybody jumped out of the way of the ship.
The ship absolutely penetrated the wall of the Monastery, and everybody peeked their heads out of the ruins of the wall.
"I'm thinking Kai's mission was not a success." Sora said, as she placed her hand on Lloyd's shoulder.
"Come on!" he called out, as he and Harumi both used Spinjitzu to get onto the ship. Arin used his grappling hook, and Sora was left alone.
"Seriously, guys!?" she said frustratedly, before eyeing her damaged mech.