Vol. 1 Chp. 1: ANHS

It's out of the blue, but please answer this question and think about it carefully.

DOES EQUALITY EXIST?

You can always hear on the news manifestations about discrimination, be it about skin color, the country a person was born into, even their gender. As such, more opportunities emerge from women, accessible transportation for those who are injured, the list goes on. Children are taught about the importance of equality.

However, is this true?

People should have jobs fitting their roles. Take football for an example - you won't put a goalkeeper as a forward. There are things only a certain amount of people can do, considering their skills.

In other words, the answer is NO. There is no such thing as "equal" people.

There was a man that once said that people are equal at birth. But this man also said that such things as social status and education is what makes people differ from each other.

However, I don't think INEQUALITY exists either. That's because humans change over time based on their actions. Meaning that they are capable of thinking. Struggling to improve their lives.

Which means, equality doesn't exist, but we can't accept inequality either.

That's why I'm trying to come up with a solution for humanity's eternal question.

Hey, you there. The one who is reading the book right now. Have you ever seriously thought about the future?

Have you ever pondered about the purpose of going to high school or college?

Do you believe you will find a job someday?

Before I finished my compulsory education and became a high school student, that's what I used to think.

I noticed something. The joy of being "free" from my duties.

I didn't considered the impact that high school would have in my life, on my future.

 I didn't understand the purpose of studying words or numbers.

Ayanokoji's POV

I rode the bus to the school, which was constantly shaking. I was watching the city through the window. Most of the passengers were high school students like me, given the uniform they are wearing.

I was about to close my eyes, but...

??? 1: Excuse me. Don't you think you should give up your seat?

Someone asked a question. At first, I thought it was for me, but I soon realized it was for a blonde haired young man around my age who was exalting confidence. He also seemed muscular and is currently sitting in a priority seat.

In front of him is an elderly woman who was about to fall any moment now. At least, that's what it seems to me. Next to her is a younger woman who appears to be an office worker.

??? 1: Didn't you hear me? Can't you see this old woman having trouble?

We can all see because you're literally screaming and creating a scene in a quiet bus.

??? 2: That's a really crazy question, lady.

The boy answered. I wondered if he was being arrogant, ignorant or brutally honest. He smiled and crossed his legs.

??? 2: Why would I give my seat? There's no reason for me to do it.

??? 1: It's natural to offer a priority seat like yours to the elderly.

??? 2: I don't understand. In the end, priority seats are just that - priority seats. I do not have any legal obligation to move. Whether I hand over it or not is only for me, who is sitting, to decide. Am I supposed to give up my seat just because of my age? Ha! What a stupid way of thinking.