Taking Care of Business

"What did you stop for drive thru?!" Our conversation was interrupted by the sound of Tony's voice over comms. "Swing up Park, I'm gonna lay 'em out for you."

  "Welp," I grunted as I stood, stretching my back as everyone else followed suit, "Let's see who wins this time around."

  "Wins?" Steve asked, drowned out by the five of us arguing about who had won the last time we'd met up.  

  "No, I won, last time we met up was just before the Berlin Wall came down, remember?" I argued, "That 'covert' black ops team the CIA had sent us to recover after they failed to rendezvous?"

  "Those Russians really did bleed red," we collectively groaned at Booker's pun, securing all of our weapons in place as we waited to land. We all jerked to the side as something hit the quinjet's wing, taking us on an unsteady descent to the ground. We finally make an unceremonious landing, Steve nearly falling to the floor before I jerked him upright, far too used to unsecure landings to even be phased anymore.

  I walked out confidently as I assessed the situation, my mind easily adjusting to the chaos of an alien invasion way too easily. "Steve, you, Nat, and Clint need to get to the tower, we'll take care of what we can down here."

  Before we could split up, a loud groaning brought our gazes up the portal, where a massive flying leviathan came screaming through. I cursed loudly in ancient Greek, drawing their eyes to me as I ruffled through a small bag at my hip. 

  "What are you-?" The question was cut off as I finally drew a small silver cylinder from the bag. Their eyes widened as it grew to the size of a full spear, the head emitting a pulsing bluish-purple light.

  "I finally get to use this," they backed away warily, uneasy at the maniacal glee that shone in my eyes. "I'm going hunting!" 

  Before anyone could respond, I had already taken off, scaling the side of a nearby building in no time and running towards in the direction the leviathan had gone. Andy sighed in exasperation before turning to the thoroughly confused agents.

  "We'll take the main bulk of the attack, Rogers, help the police get the civilians to safety, Romanoff with us, and Barton start taking out some of the fliers in the air."

  Her voice left little room for debate despite two of the three not knowing exactly who she was, each of them immediately falling in line as Andy led the group with her strangely shaped axe.

....................

  Tony was more than a little preoccupied, trying to take down as many fliers as possible on his own while also trying to find a way to take down the leviathan currently making its way through Manhattan. His attention, however, was grabbed by the sight of something- no some ONE- sprinting straight towards the leviathan with an unusual amount of glee on their face.

  "Ash, what the hell are you-?" He cut himself off as she launched herself off the building she was on with enough force to crumble the already damaged rooftop. Landing in a crouch on top of the monster's head, she stood with a glowing purple spear high in her hand, lifting it above her head and bringing it down through the leviathan's skull with an ear splitting roar. Whatever metal the spear was made of cut through the hull like butter, sending a pulse of purple glowing energy through the beast, killing it and anything connected to it. 

  It went crashing to the ground, landing just in front of a very surprised mismatched crew of called in immortal warriors and rogue SHIELD agents.

.............................

  I stood up straight as soon as I was sure that the leviathan wasn't moving, meeting the eyes of a very shocked Andy and company, giving them a satisfied smirk as I jumped off the head and made my way over to them, giving the spear a twirl.

  "Where the hell did you get that?" Steve asked as I collapsed the spear once more in favor of my short sword.

  "Parting gift from a very grateful king," I pushed him out of the way to dispatch the alien coming up behind him. "Now, I believe that my count is already close to a hundred, so you four better step it up."

  I ignored their protesting as I whirled around, easily eliminating any and all aliens that dared to approach me. I decapitated one more before whirling around at the sound of a motorcycle engine approaching. I let out a hoot at the sight of Bruce dismounting, skipping my way over as he moved towards Steve.

  "Glad you're here, I wasn't looking forward to continuing any of your research in your memory," I clapped his shoulder before moving to stand next to Andy.

  "What are you guys at, I'm at a cool 207, I think I might even break the record," I remarked with a grin. They looked at each other before slumping their shoulders as Andy let out a heavy sigh.

  "Alright, you win this one, Ash."

  We all turned at the sound of another leviathan heading our way with Tony guiding it towards us.

  "Looks like my kind of party," I began to move forward while reaching into my bag, though I was stopped at the sight of Bruce finally unleashing the Hulk and punching the beast into the ground killing it and sending the tail up into the air, though we were saved from having to find cover by Tony blowing up the back half of the monster.

  "Damn, guess you don't need me anymore," I grumbled while closing my bag back up.