Pretty Scar to Remember

This has been edited but there may still be mistakes.

Standing by the door, Khan watched Neema's defences rise. Her eyes hardened and her stance became more aggressive. She thought she stood a chance against him but he was going to show her. Being an Alpha meant more than just being a leader it meant he had to physically be the best in his pack. Mentally be the most advanced.

"I tried to be nice to you but if this is how I'm showed gratitude, I will stick to being cruel"

Khan had made a conscious effort over the past weeks to be gentle with Neema, to forge a relationship between them. One where he could confide in her and she do the same. His behaviour in the beginning was malicious and unjust. She knew it and he knew it. He had no real reason to treat her so abominably. She had angered him but self-control was something he was taught from a young age. He had over 200 years to learn and perfect that control, if he wanted to he could have sought another punishment but he had not. There had received a sort of perverse pleasure seeing her in that wakened state but by the next day the sight would haunt him.

The sight of her bloody skin and weepy eye was a constant reminder of the pure thing he had ruined. Shredded as if she were a piece of paper. So vulnerable. So he had tried to make amendments by spending more time with her and her siblings but very word that came from his mouth had only made the situation worse. It had not been until after she had been introduced to his pack that real change in her demeanour had begun, the bond was working. She had become more trusting with him and so he had began bending, breaking away from the harsh rules his kind had been forced to accept. He had tried to show Neema that there was more to him than the blood, gore and destruction his instincts demanded he follow.

He was trying to be more human for her and this was how she repaid him.

Her behaviour today made him see that those wolf laws and guides were there for a reason, a wolf could not become humans because then the humans would win. Wolves were the stronger specie and if his mate did not climb to his standards then he would leave her to dwell in the pits where she came from.

His mate needed discipline and not his kindness because this was how she behaved when he showed her kindness and gave her freedom. She had taken it and made a fool out of him, him, Khan Manasseh, a fool because of some weak little human.

It was embarrassing.

She needed to fear him, because when she did she just about showed affection her siblings, there was none left for his brother or the countless other males she had been spending time with. She wanted a despotic and abrasive savage who would slap her into submission and Khan was the worst of his kind.

No woman would embarrass him and live to tell the tale.

"Nice? You wouldn't know nice if it slapped you across the face. Better yet, if it gripped you by the balls. Nice is not what you are"

Neema was absolutely livid that he thought spending time with him was nice. No human would rightfully choose to be in the claws of their tormentor. Changed attitude or not. Sure he wasn't as volatile as beforehand but he still threatened her with every other sentence. Every interaction with him was stiff and forced. He coerced her into spending time with him, it was nothing like her time with Vanya or Carson. She had no choice in the matter and when they di get along it was always after an argument or before one. They were not made to be together, not as they were.

"And what Carson is nice? Is that why you threw yourself at him" he spat. As if the notion of Neema craving his brother had left a horrid taste in his mouth.

Khan was fighting all he had not to lash out and hurt her. He needed to speak first, make her understand. Violence had to be his last resort this time even if he did want to throttle her. He could not have a repeat of before. That would be the nail in the coffin to the failure of his mating.