Flashing Lights

This has been edited but there may still be mistakes

Khan definitely had fire, fire that was directed straight at Neema.

The male exploited his sickness so he could have her at his beck and call, he had her running around mindlessly doing errands for him. She spent every second from the moment he woke listening to his demands, being dictated by the almighty Alpha who could barely do anything. She had weakened him like he had never been before and she could sense the derision he held for her because of it. She had crippled him, the Alpha, and he could barely comprehend it.

He was livid but because he was crippled there was little he could do but demand Neema's full devotion to him and his needs and she gave it.

She bathed him with a cloth at least three times that day, fed him, stripped his bed sheets and remade them. Cleaned his room, gave him head massages, foot rubs and back rubs. She sat by his bed all night even when he was sleeping just in case he woke demanding her help with some other miniscule problem. As much as she hated it in that moment she would have done anything to make the male better and he knew it.

There was an unspoken threat to her family that would manifest if Khan did not get better. He never spoke the words but she could see it, feel it. He knew she was desperate to have him better and so he milked it but come morning there would be no special treatment. When the sun rose the next day Khan would be expected to act his usual part as the overbearing Alpha who was in the midst of finalising the trials.

It was one of the longest days of her life but when Khan stood before her the next morning she knew it had been worth it. His hair was tied back in that tight ponytail and he was in his typical black garments to match his clearly black mood. His jaw ticked furiously and his eyes flamed with anger but when he spoke none of it carried through.

"I'll be in my office if you need me" came from his mouth as he made his way towards the door, his gait was a bit wobbly at first but it soon straightened out into his stiff posture by the time he made it out of the room.

Neema released the sigh she had been holding and collapsed onto the freshly made bed. She was knackered, absolutely exhausted. He had woken her up at this godforsaken hour when not even her siblings were awake and she had only had about an hour of sleep.

She was fatigued but so grateful that he was up and moving, at least he was one less person she had to worry about now. She had an hour or two to have a nap before she would have to get up and prepare the gremlins next door and then she would be back in her bed to have another nap until nursery was done.

When Neema awoke from her nap the sun was beating down on her back through the window, the light causing her skin to glow with warmth. Her mouth was dry and sticky with dehydration and her eyes were still bleary but she knew it was time to get up.

A knock on the bedroom door had her stop brushing her teeth as she made her way out of the bathroom towards the door. She was still in Khan's room and so she had no idea who would be looking for him at a little after 7 am in the morning. Sahina stood at the threshold of the door with a wide grin on her face and a chocolate muffin and orange juice in her hand.

"Welcome to the land of the living Neema, what time do you call this." She chided as she handed her the gift and took a seat on a chair by the bed.

Her eyes twinkled with mirth as she looked at the dishevelled state of the female before her. Neema's hair was ratted in locks her clothes were draped over her shoulder and her eyes still looked droopy as if she was not quite awake yet. What made Sahina laugh the most was the way in which Neema ate the muffin in two full bites, not one crumb was left as she gulped down the orange juice and looked at her friend as if she had more food hidden in her pockets.