Just A Man

[ODYSSEUS]
I look into your eyes and I
Think back to the son of mine

The half-blood look at Odysseus holding Astyanax. "He's not going to be able to do it, is he?" Piper asked her friends, a mixture of hopeful and disagreeing faces across the room.

Frank shakes his head, "He sees his son in the baby."

Annabeth bites her lip, Odysseus was the smartest hero in Greek Mythology, a champion of her mother, and surely he finds a loophole, a way to save Astyanax.

You're as old as he was
When I left for war
Will these actions haunt my days?
Every man I've slain the price I pay, endless pain

Thalia sighed, Odysseus is just a mortal, he isn't a demigod like herself and her friends, he doesn't have any powers to defend himself against the gods. She looked at Annabeth, her grey eyes watching the screen intently, Thalia knew Annabeth was trying to find a solution.

Close your eyes
And spare yourself the view

"He's being so fatherly," Jason pointed out.

How could I hurt you?

Hazel is now hugging Frank, she remembers dying, wandering around in the fields of asphodel, she wouldn't wish death on anyone, especially not a baby.

"It's okay," Frank whispered to her, his voice was hopeful, enough to make Hazel believe Astyanax was going to be okay.

I'm just a man
Who's trying to go home

Leo yelled at the screen, "We have all spent our time around from home because of the gods but nothing of us would ever even think about killing a baby!"

"It's not that easy of choice, if Ulysses were to deny Jupiter he probably would have punished him and his family or Jupiter's warning would have been true and Astyanax would have killed his family," Reyna added, she was just as angry at Zeus and Odysseus but she understood were the hero was coming from, the Gods don't respond kindly to being disobeyed.

Leo rolled his eyes.

Even after all the years away from what I've known
I'm just a man
Whose fighting for his life
Deep down I would trade the world to see my son and wife

Percy understood Odysseus, during his time on the Argo II he would have done anything to see his mother again, to eat her blue cookies again. Percy spent so much time fighting for his life but he didn't care about the glory that came with it, he just wanted to go home.

I'm just a man
But when does a comet become a meteor?
When does a candle become a blaze?

Annabeth gasped, she saw where this was going, other people in the room were obvious, but Annabeth wasn't one of them. Thalia placed a hand on hers, she must have seen where this was going too.

When does a man become a monster

Percy thought about his time in Tartarus, how he had scared Annabeth while torturing the goddess Akhyls, Percy did it out of self-defence but the thing that really haunted him, was that he enjoyed it. When did Percy become the type of person to enjoy torturing someone? When he was protecting Annabeth, when he fell into Tartarus, when he was claimed?

When does a ripple become a tidal wave?
When does the reason become the blame?
When does a man become a monster?

"Oh my gods," Piper whispered as she saw Odysseus pick up Astyanax.

"He's picking him up by his blanket..."

"To make it less personal," Nico suggested.

Forgive me

When does a man become a monster?

The room was speechless as they saw the infant's mother call out for her baby but being held back by Greek soldiers. They watch as Andromache cries, knowing there is nothing she can do for her baby.

"That's cruel!" Hazel exclaimed, and everyone in the room agreed.

Forgive me

When does a man become a monster?

Forgive me

Everyone is now crying, unable to believe what they're witnessing.

"He's really going to do it, we're watching a musical about a baby killer!"

I'm just a man

Not a single word was said as the screen went black, Annabeth shook her head, as a daughter of Athena she was trying to think of a solution where Odysseus wouldn't have to kill

Piper and Leo were angry at Odysseus, they couldn't understand how he would kill a baby and simply blame it on him being, 'just a man.'

Hazel, Percy and Thalia were also angry but not at Odysseus, they were angry with Zeus, with the fates and with war. Frank was trying to comfort Hazel, but the boy was distant with his own feelings, in shock about what had just witnessed.

Jason stood up, "How many more songs do we need to listen to?"

"Roughly 38, would you all like a break?" Alyx offered.

Reyna shook her head, she had a feeling that things were somehow going to get a lot worse, "No, let's just keep going."

"Okay, next song Full Speed Ahead."