𝟎𝟏𝟕. 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐟𝐮𝐧

JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter seventeen,
Gilmore Girls — Season One

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter seventeen, Gilmore Girls — Season One

December 8th, 2000

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[ LUCY'S POV ]

     I INTEND TO TELL MY DAD TODAY. After the successful date me and Tristan had a month ago, and the constant phone calls I have with him in secret, I knew I needed to come clean to my dad soon. He's started to notice the shift in my attitude, the smile on my face, and the odd skip in my step. He knows there's something going on with me but he hasn't asked, and I've not told.

     I intended to tell him on my birthday— I didn't— but the intention was there, I promise. Nobody knew, other than Addy, that me and Tristan were, well, I don't know what we are, if I'm being completely honest. We've had one date, several conversations at Addy's dance classes, and one— two— perfect kisses.

     I want to tell my dad. I promised I'd tell him if anything occurs between me and any guy, and now I'm currently lying. I feel horrible, and I want to tell him because tonight I'll be seeing him again, and on Sunday, I'm hoping to have a real second date with him.

     However, as I sit across from my dad who is currently on the phone, I fear the worst in telling him the truth. Dad cannot, under any circumstances, know that a guy is involved in my life romantically. He'll kill him, kill me, then himself probably. I don't need that to happen.

     Oh, God. I feel sick.

     "Lucy?" I snap my head upwards, finding that he's moved away from the phone, and he holds a plate of food in his hand. "You okay?"

     I nod, my throat dry as I can't, for some reason, say the word "yes" to my own dad. Dad just nods, obviously a little unsure if I'm sane, but he moves around the counter to present the plate of food to the woman who sits by the window.

     Just tell him, Luce. Tell him.

     No, I'm not telling him. I'm going to leave. Yes, I'm going to leave, go to Addy's and tell him later tonight... maybe tomorrow because I won't be home till late seeing as Addy's class will run late. It won't, but I'll make it.

     I rise from my seat abruptly. "I'm going!" I declare, planting my hands on the counter, and Dad looks at me with concern. I don't blame him. "I'm going to Addy's. I love you."

     "What time will you be home?" he asks, and I freeze for a good second, unsure on when I'll be home.

     "Uh," I look to the clock, seeing that it's close to five and Addy is leaving at six. Nathan is coming this week, meaning I'll have to sit with him and Tristan. Lucky me, right? "I'll be home late. Addy has her class, you know?"