3

Aaron Pov -

"I saved you again," Danny said as he sat on a stool in the empty classroom. He had distracted Jade, giving me the chance to disappear from her sight.

"You should do something about her, just tell her clearly that you're not interested," he suggested.

"I did, but she didn't understand. She's so childish," I replied, rubbing my hands in frustration.

"I talked to Hazel about you," I said, catching Danny's attention. "What did she say?" he asked eagerly.

"She's not interested in you," I told him. "And she's not all that great. Just forget about her."

"No, I haven't even tried yet. You said you'd help me," he pleaded.

"She's clearly not interested in you. She doesn't even want to be your friend. She has so much attitude," I said, feeling frustrated.

"That's why I like her," he chuckled, earning a side glare from me. He was afraid to talk to her, yet he still liked her. "Please, help me," he pleaded with his eyes.

"Don't worry, I'll help you," I assured him, standing up. "I'm going now, Jade will come looking for me again. I'll find Hazel and talk to her."

I got out of the classroom, searching for Hazel in the school. I sighed, not really wanting to talk to her again, but knowing that I had to. I wondered why it had to be her. There were so many other pretty girls in school to like. Why her?

Lost in my thoughts, something caught my eye. Hazel was running towards me, her eyes locked onto mine. I looked around me, there was no one. She was really running towards me. She looked furious. As she got closer, she grabbed my collar, making my heart race and my eyes widen. Our faces were inches apart.

Her eyes were filled with anger, and I could imagine to see fire coming out of her ears. "YOU IDIOT, I HATE YOU!" she yelled in my face.

"I... I know that... but... why... leave me?" I stammered, struggling to find my words. Her grip on my collar made me feel scared. A woman making me feel scared.

"You tell me first. You mixed laxative in the cake and left it in the principal's office," she said, releasing my collar. I took a deep breath.

"Yes?" I raised my eyebrows, trying to act innocent.

"YES!" she raised her voice again, about to grab my collar once more. This time, I backed away slightly before she could reach me.

"Hey, what's with this behavior? Don't touch me," I pointed my finger at her. She ran her hand through her hair, clearly frustrated.

"Why did you do that?" she asked, her voice filled with anger. "What?" I asked, genuinely unaware of what she was talking about.

She closed her eyes in anger and said, "That cake." "Ohhh," my lips formed an 'O' shape as I realized. "Just for fun."

"What?" she questioned again. "He insulted Danny, and he wanted revenge. I'm always a supportive friend," I proudly said.

She crossed her arms. "So Danny is behind all this?" she questioned.

"No," I shook my head. "Actually, it was my idea. I wanted to do that."

She rolled her eyes. "You knew what mess you created," she took a step towards me and stopped. "Our guard ate that cake and now he's sick."

"Oh, my mission failed," I said. "How could the guard eat that cake? The box was on the floor."

She shook her head. "You're unbelievable," she said. "I'll tell the principal about it," she added.

I wasn't afraid of scolding or any punishment. "Go ahead," I said, not caring enough about the consequences.

"What?" she said. "I'm not joking."

"So what? I've done many worse things than this. That principal can't do anything to me," I said.

"But because of you, I'm in trouble too," she spoke. That sentence caught my attention. What trouble did she create?

"I was with you that night. The principal thinks that a girl was also with them, which is me. Thank God they didn't know about it. But they will surely find out," she spoke with worry clearly visible on her face.

That's funny. I chuckled. "Danny and I have our own way to deal with these kinds of problems. Our families are rich. They will handle it too. But what about you? The principal will be really disappointed in his favorite student," I said, which made her even more scared.

After 5 seconds, her arrogant attitude came back. "It's all because of you! Now, you're gonna help me get out of this mess," she pointed her finger at me.

I couldn't help but burst into laughter. "Me? Helping you?" I mocked, laughing at her. "Go ahead and spill the beans to Mr. Baldy. I couldn't care less."

Just as I was about to walk away, her words stopped me in my tracks.

"If you do help me, I'll go on a date with Danny."