Chapter One

Jordyn's pov

"Come on, hurry!" I screamed at Jaxson and Cohen as they ran toward the bus.

"Just run them in here!" Sarolyn said trying not to run them over with the bus.

"Okay!" I yelled. I quickly ran off the bus and grabbed them. I ran as fast as I could and got them on the bus leaving a light blue strike of lightning behind me.

"oh my gosh thank God you're okay." Fisher said as he hugged them both.

"How did y'all get a bus and more importantly what happens when we run out of gas." Cohen said. Sarolyn and I exchanged glances.

~Six Months Earlier~
"Jordyn! Wake up! Your phone has been going off for ten minutes!" My Mom yelled.

"Ugh." I say as I look at the time. Slowly my eyes read the time 7 am.

"Crap!" I scream as I look in my closet for some clothes. I eventually find some black Puba sweatpants and a Harvard hoodie. I put socks and some Nike shoes on. I looked at the time.

" 7:10. Five more minutes for me to brush my teeth and hair." I said. I ran to the bathroom and hurriedly brush my teeth and long brunette hair.

"Jordyn! Hurry up! The bus is at the neighbors!" My mom screamed. I ran and got my backpack and my phone. Then I ran out the door. The bus was at my house. I ran and quickly got on the bus.

"Heyy" Emery said as she look at me and smiled.

"Hi" I said with a sigh as I sat down tired from running.

"Are you excited!" She said happily.

"Why would I be? It's a Monday," I asked.

"Yeah, but we get to start to learn about our powers and we get them on FRIDAY!" She yelled.

"What power do you think you will get?" I asked.

"I don't know. There all good. I hope I get mind control so I can control my cruches mind." She said.

"Wait, really?" I asked dumbfounded.

"No you idiot," she said laughing.

"Then why do you want it?" I asked smiling at her.

"To be honest, I don't know I just think it is a cool superpower. Also we could control the teacher." She said chuckling softly.

" Okay then" I said. The bus slowly came to a stop at the school. We got off the bus and headed to home room.

"Heyy," I said to Sarolyn who looked like she just woke up.

"Hello," she said very tiredly.

"How much sleep did you get last night?" I asked concerned.

"I went to bed at one am and woke up at 6:40," she said sleepily.

"Guess what," I said.

"What?" She asked.

"We are going to start learning about our powers today," I said.

"I know" she said.

"What power do you want?" I asked.

"I don't care as long as I get one," She said.

RINGGGG!

"There goes the bell. We better head to class." I said.

"Yup. Let's go." She said. We slowly walk to class. We make it in as soon as the tardy bell rings. The teacher looks at us with a disproving expression as we were almost late. I quickly find my seat right by Sarolyn's and Zada's.

"Hey" Zada whispered at us.

"Hello" I whispered back at her.

"Alright class. I am sure you heard that this is the week you get your powers. In association of that, we will have a different teacher to teach you about that. So, without further or do, I would like you to meet Mr. Jackson." She said as she looked at him and smiled. He smiled back at her.

"Hello class. My name is Mr. Jackson and I will be teaching you about powers." He said smiling.

"Here are your packets that you will need to fill out out them." He said slowly making his turns around the room passing out paper.

"If you don't understand something just give an educated guess. Remember this is just to see what you know about it." He said. Slowly everyone opened there packets and started working. The first question asked what would be the best superpower and why. Slowly, I wrote a simple answer and continued through out the test.

As words flew by I continued until I got to the very last question. If you could have two superpowers what would they be and why? I thought about this for about 5 minutes when I realized I had to hurry up. Quickly I turned to the question and wrote down a sloppy answer.

"Pencils down. You may come and turn in the test." He said. Slowly people got up and turned in there test.

"Did you finish?" Sarolyn asked me.

"Yeah, barely." I said. "Did you?"

"Yeah. I was the first I think. I was asking you because I saw you still writing when there was five minutes left." Sarolyn said.

"I finished." I said. "Did Zada finish?"

"Yeah, I did." I hear Zada say.

"Was that test hard to y'all?" I asked.

"A little bit." Sarolyn said.

"It was okay," Zada said.

"I feel like I failed that test. It wasn't that it was hard but it was a lot of opinion questions." I said.

"I know right." Zada said.

"Guys stop worrying about. It is fine. At least it is over." Sarolyn said.

RINGGGGGG!

"There's the bell. Let's go." Zada said.

"Fine. Come on Sarolyn. You're walking so slow" I say.

"I'm coming." She said.

"That test was so long." I said tirelessly walking to break. "Thank goodness we have break right after first period."

"I know right." Sarolyn said. We walked sleepily to the bleachers. I layed down and Sarolyn sat down.

"How long do we have left?" I asked tirelessly.

"We have thirty minutes left. You can take a nap. I know your tired. I will keep watch and make sure nobody does anything." Sarolyn said.

"Okay thank you." I said before I slowly slid into deep sleep.

...

1006 words