Brown Hair Blue Eyes

"SH*T !!!"
It was already 4:15pm, I had work at 5pm, yes, I was working on my birthday, doesn't everyone?. That was why I didn't bother getting my nails done.

I ran as fast as I could to catch that bus, it was already 2 minutes away, struggling with my tripod and phone, I was lowkey regretting why I even decided to 'push myself'. The pictures wasn't even that great.

I made it to the bus, thank God! As soon as I tapped my oyster and found a seat by the window, all the tears I was holding back from home came out like a wildfire. I couldn't do anything but to bow my head and let it all out. I cried like a baby.
The bus was half empty. Phew...

Three stops before mine, I tried to tell myself that work will distract me and to remind myself of how strong and resilient I am like I always do when these tears come.

"Chaii, my makeup is ruined"

Thankfully I always carried wipes in my bag. I cleaned off the makeup (Uche Natori would've been proud... or I'd like to think so).
I redid my lip combo, of course, a black lip liner and lipgloss. I'm a black girl alright.

Staring through the window with the song "Jealous by FireBoy" playing loudly on my AirPods, there was a sudden stop. I looked towards the driver to see what was going on, I could only see mouths moving. I could tell the driver was pissed at a cyclist who almost clashed onto the rear of the bus.

30 seconds after the bus got to a stop, a boy bolted to the front of the bus, he was lucky because I could tell the bus driver was already upset.

"Wait!"
"Wait!"

"Thank you driver"

He said as he sat opposite me, our eyes met coincidentally.
I quickly changed the direction of my eyes, facing my phone, typing a nonexistent text message to a completely imaginary individual.

I could still feel his eyes on me. It felt.... sharp and painful.
One thing my trauma has taught me is confidence.

A type of bravery stemmed from fear.
I was brave nonetheless.

I looked back at him feeling very uncomfortable. I was met with a very sharp blue eyes, almost as if it could cut through my melanated skin. Thats the blue-est eyes I've ever seen.
He smiled at me which made me even more concerned, but in order to break the awkwardness, I smiled back.

My stop is here.

I could see that he pressed the stop button.
Can my life be any more difficult, Kmt. I waited for him to get up before I did but I guess he clocked this was also my stop through my body language. So he stared. AGAIN!

I got up, moved as fast as I could out the bus, he followed swiftly.

"Hey"  he said.

"Hello" I replied even though I was running late to work.

"Your outfit, I couldn't help my eyes"

"Yeah obviously" I said to myself before replying with a
"Thank you".

"You are so beautiful, and this outfit on you....pfttt... fire!"

I couldn't believe this tall, semi-skinny boy with a light brown hair, almost blonde just gave me a compliment.

He was dressed in an adidas tracksuit, it smelt of sweat and a mixture of Nivea men's deodorant. His trainers were stained with mud. I could tell was coming back from some sort of sports practice.

That was the first time I was receiving a compliment from a total stranger.

Maybe because I always left the house with sweatshirt and pants, more time my hoodie is always on and I don't have pleasing look.

People call it the 'resting B I T C H face'.

I smiled, almost blushing at the compliment.

"Thank you"

"I live at that block, how come I've never seen you" he said as he pointed towards his estate.

Is he trying to move to me or what?
I'm not very experienced in that department.

"Errrmmm..... yeah I live...."

He could be a serial killer Esien, pattern up.

"It's okay, I'm just trying to be nice" he proceeded to say.

"Oh okay" I nervously loosed up, before I could continue, he cuts in by saying:

"Please where did you get your outfit from, my girlfriend would really appreciate it if I got her one of these"

...

What do you guys thinkkkkkk????.
Writing is actually so exiting!!
Pardon any mistakes/misspellings. I'm not a professional xx. Please comment xoxo!
Guess what part 3 be ;)