Cologne

*Phone ringing*

I saw my phone ringing, I just couldn't be asked to pick it. Jazz knew I wasn't a morning person but she will alway try calling me in the morning, she said she likes the face I make when I'm annoyed.

I stayed on my bed staring into space till afternoon. Anytime I'm not at work, or have some sort of appointment outside the house, I'm pretty much lazy, in my room blasting music on my JBL speaker. My mom usually complains. But I guess she's use to it. As for my dad... lol.

I got a call from Jazz and suddenly she said she was going to go to the career's thingy. I'm pretty much sure she was determined not to go why the suddenly change of heart. She was even gaslighting me, talking about how I did say I was going to follow her if she decides to go. The event is today! FFS 🤦🏾‍♀️ .

I freshened up, got dressed, I wore a camouflage cargo jeans with a crop top and a XL long sleeve black shirt. I hardly wear a crop top, so it was time for my belly button piercing to shine. My hair was still out, I have a massive fro, the hair gene is strong. I put my hair in a high fro bun, did my edges, just the usual casual style.

Jazz and I agreed on the station we would meet up at. At the entrance to the faculty of arts, I had this strange feeling and my stomach suddenly dropped. I didn't understand why. I knew I had anxiety issues but only when it concerns me. This has nothing to do with me, I'm a plus one for Jasmine and nothing more. I had to reassure myself.

Whilst we were going to the conference hall, we walked past the office of the Head of Arts school. I was met with a very strong but polite fragrance. It was also soft and subtle. It's a kind that would make heads turn for sureeeeee, it seems like the person wearing it wants to be noticed but not seen at the same time. It smelt gentle but abrupt. It was unexpected.

Before I started working as a chef, I work at a perfume shop, I got a 2 weeks training where I learnt how to be able to convert people's explanations to perfume predictions, so it's safe to say that I knew a little bit about what I was talking about.

I turned, I needed to know who wore that particular cologne. I knew it was a man's perfume, but I needed to know who. Touché because my head was definitely spinning.

We sat on the middle, not too close but not too far from the stage either. I tried to act interested but I already died of boredom. My skin was at the brink of crawling out of me.

...

"And now for our special guest..."

"...Toni and William Umar!"

My heart sank. For two minutes I couldn't feel my face. The claps screams in the background faded. The shock on my face was obvious. I knew I had to snap out. After all, this is not the first celebrity to like a mediocre girl's picture on social media, certainly will not be the last.

On the other hand, Jaz kept a casual face, usually she would scream down the hall or faint. I wondered why...

Wait, did she know?

Hey everyone, I took so long writing this one, I'm getting a tad bit discouraged maybe it's because it's my first book.

At least say hi in the comments please!