11

I stared at the flowers I had made out of old newspapers for the past hour. I doubt she would like these, but I was terrible with real flowers. They always died the moment I touched them. When I heard the knock on the house's door, my heart leaped in my chest. My palms were sweaty as I shakily grabbed the flowers. I looked over myself one last time. I wore my dark blue wrap-around dress with heels to match. I tried my best to put my hair up in a sexy bun and draped a starry necklace around my neck. I was trembling at the knees in both excitement and anticipation. When I heard another knock on the door, I sprang into action. 

My jaw immediately dropped the moment I opened the door. 

Carmilla wore a bright red dress with a low v-cut and wrapped around every curve. She wore her usual ballerina shoes that glinted from my doorway's light. She wore a beautiful rose necklace around her neck. The smirk she gave me as I ogled at her made me weak. My heart pounded through my ears. I shakily handed over the paper flowers. 

"You look fantastic," sputtered out of me. Ruby eyes brightened as she held the bouquet. "An absolute masterpiece." 

"And you look divine," she purred. She took one step toward me and slowly trailed her eyes up my body. "My girls said if I returned home tonight, I failed them. I think I'm starting to understand why they said that. I don't think I could let you go anywhere alone wearing that." Her hand cupped my cheek and stole my lips in a kiss. 

"I-I...erm..." I felt the blush that beamed brightly on my face. 

"You are so adorable when you're speechless," she chuckled. I choked back the trepidation that gripped my heart and gently gripped her chin with two fingers. Her eyes bulged slightly as I pinned her against the doorframe. 

"You may leave me speechless, but I will leave you trembling darling," I whispered into her ear. I watched as her cheeks turned a beautiful shade of red. I pecked her cheek and took a gracious step back. "Should we get going? I do have a tiny bit of business to do tonight, but other than that, I am all yours." 

"Yes, let's get going. I am looking forward to what is planned after the casino." Her seductive grin left me begging for more as we departed to an awaiting car. 

****************************

Velvet's POV 

We sat at the bar of this rundown casino. Vox barreled out a laugh as he drank another concoction from the bar. I stared at my phone bored out of my mind. Valentino begged us to come here with him and Angel. Why? I had no idea. This place was the definition of a snooze fest. I glanced at the culprit in question above my phone screen. Angel was draped around his arm as he played poker. Four card was one of his favorite games and he even gave Angel some money to play with him. Granted the whore always lost because Valentino bribed the dealer. I rolled my eyes as Valentino forced Angel onto his lap and glared back at my phone. 

When my phone started going off the fritz, I turned around and glared at the only culprit capable. Alastor laughed as he waltzed into the casino. My glare turned into shock when I saw the woman around his arm. My heart wanted to cry because I hated watching her being with anyone else. 

Rosie must have felt my gaze. Her dark eyes turned my direction. My attention fell back to scrolling uselessly on HellTok. What was she doing here? I didn't know she gambled. I pondered what game she would like play. She struck me as a blackjack player. I sighed. Trying to concentrate on this damn thing was fruitless if she were close by. I froze as I felt a presence manifest beside me. I glanced up and saw some random jackass. 

"And what the hell do you want?" I bit at him. He was a scaly, fish faced freak. His smug grin made me gag. 

"Well, I was wondering if this seat was taken," he stated smugly. I rolled my eyes.