Chapter 5

You spent the rest of the day at the office and ended up sleeping there, and ended up badly scolded/chastised by Ester in the morning, who wasn't pleased.

"Miss y/n, how many times do I have to tell you!!! You can't sleep here!! It's not healthy!!" She rarely spoke to you like this or raised her voice at you, but these were the moments when she would.

"It's not like I like it- or want to..." You mumble, burying your face in your arms looking at her through one tired eye.

{~Timeskip - Yesterday Before Leaving For The Night~}

Ester was about to leave but stopped and turned to you.

"Promise me you won't sleep in the office and go home."

You don't fully look at her as you continue to type on your computer, mumbling out "Yeah, yeah. Promise."

Ester looks at you suspiciously but doesn't pester any further and leaves, closing the door.

{~Back To The Present~}

Ester glares at you crossing their arms over their chest. "What am I gonna do with you?.." Her said in a low voice shaking her head, half talking to herself and not really to you.

She lets out a sigh, looking at you with a hint of worry in her eyes but you don't notice it.

You look out to the side avoiding her gaze not wanting to see the disappointment.

Ester lets out another sigh and turns away walking over to the sofa. She grabs a bag that was neatly placed next to the coffee table.

She then struds back over to you and puts the bag on your desk.

You look up at her quizzingly then down at the bag, still buried in your arms.

"Open it."

You look at her suspiciously but reach for it gripping the rough fabric, pulling it towards you.

You slowly open the bag.

Your eyes widen when you see what was inside.

Inside there was a cute plush of your favorite character.

You let out a squeal, launching up picking it up with new found energy.

"Is this for me?!?"

"Who else would it be for?"

You look at the plush holding it out so you can get a good look at it.

You take a look at the tag and see it was the exact brand you wanted to-

"How- I thought they were sold out?!?"

"I have my ways." Ester says mysteriously not saying any further and I don't question any further as I gaze at the plush.

"Thank you."

Ester smiles. "No problem, you deserve it."

The last part you doubt though but don't say anything.

...

The day once again went on like usual. Clients, appointments etc. But the cute plush did make it better and bring something different which was nice.

You had set it next to your monitor so it faced you and you could see it.

You just wanted to squeeze it.

As you continued to stare at the plush and you self consciously brought your hand to the locket that hung from your neck at all times.

Your mood falters slightly, your expression stiffening but at the same time softening.

You let out a long sigh pulling your hand away.

...

Your assistant hears you sigh from the couch and in response her brows furrowed slightly but she continued working.

...

About a week passed and the date for your next session with Wally was approaching fast.

In the meantime you did a bit more research but not too much came up, once again...

It frustrated you. Greatly.

It seemed like the only way you were gonna get any more info was in susions. You didn't want to get caught off guard by him.

His sharp mocking confident smile flashes in your head, you shake your head pushing the imagine away.

You wondered how his teeth could be so sharp. It made you shiver.

A small ringer goes off pulling you out of your thoughts. You look down and see that it's your phone reminder reminding you that you have another prescribing session in two minutes.

You groan, turning off the alarm, taking a sip of your coffee.

You inhale deeply, closing your eyes, taking another sip but this one longer.

It's gonna be a long week...

—------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Authors Note:

Sorry this chapter is kinda short- but I hope it was still enjoyable either way.

Anyway- HOW THE HELL HAS THIS BOOK GOTTEN 623 Reads!? And so many votes?! I don't know what to do with myself-
Thank you so much for all of the reads, votes and support!! 😄

I hope you all have a good rest of your day/evening/night!!

Word Count: 713