Chapter 9

'Shit-'

You were never supposed to miss a call from them no matter what and for them to have to call three times is bad, or means it's most likely important.

When you realize this you clumsy fumble for the answer button, when you see you've pressed it you carefully bring it to your ear.

You tried to speak but your voice cracked badly so you quickly cleared your throat that had gone dry and tried again.

¨H-Hello, this is Y/n L/n what can I do for you Mr. Donson, sir"

The phone buzzes for a moment as the audio comes through but quickly clears.

"What took you so long to answer Ms. L/n?" The voice from the other end sounded annoyed.

"I'm truly sorry Mr. Donson, I.."

You try to think of something fast.

"-I lost my phone and had to find it."

You can hear a stiff grunt sound from the other side of the call.

"Well don't let it happen again." He pauses then continues, "I heard you left the office early."

Your eyes widen, you hadn't even been gone for more then forty-five minutes not even that, how did they already know.. you inhale shakily.

"Yes I did sir."

"Might I ask why?"

"..."

'If I'm in trouble for leaving early then I shouldn't mention Ester...'

"I wasn't feeling well.."

"Is that all?" They asked in an almost knowing voice.

Your hand shook slightly.

"Yes sir."

"Hm." He pauses for another moment then continues once again. "If that's the rest of that topic I'd like to ask you something."

Your hand tightens around your phone.

Talking to the higher ups always stresses you out, putting you on edge. They rarely meant well.

You hear him take a breath from the other line.

"L/n did you by any chance take anything from the central office?"

Your eyes widen once again, "w- what no? Why do you ask?"

"Just checking.. Well I'll wish you a good rest of your day Ms. L/n, please ask permission to leave early next time for future situations." And with that he hangs up the phone.

You sit there for a moment slightly confused by the exchange but eventually slowly lower the phone from your ear.

You were thankful they didn't mention anything about their blackmail over you this time.

...

You let out a long breath, there goes another one of your free wills.

You turn around completely forgetting Wally was there.

You let out a startled yelp but quickly regain your composure.

It was so awkward- what are you supposed to do?!

After mentally smacking and berating yourself you decide to try to start convo, pushing past your awkwardness.

"Do... you um- want something to eat?.."

He looks down at you with an amused expression thinking.

"Are you on the menu?~" He asks in a seductive tone, licking his lips with his... long... tongue..-

'wtf...'

'...'

'!'

When it clicks in your head you blush slightly but not at all noticeably. But he did notice.

He stared down at you with a smirking smile, his face cold, not letting know what he could be thinking.

You knew he could mean literally CANNIBALISM or something else...

*(I just love how my writing style changes multiple times in the middle of chapters 🥲)*

"No." You somehow were able to make your voice not shake or crack.

He let out a breath that almost sounded disappointed. "Too bad.." he makes a clicking noise with his tongue and teeth looking slightly to the side, his expression changing slightly before going back to their original gleam when his eyes landed on you again.

Then something pops into your head and you decide to speak on it.

"Why are you here...and what do you want from me..." your voice was better than before as you calmed down but you were still tense and on edge.

There's a dangerous serial killer standing right infront of you for god sakes!! Not even 2 feet away!? And even worse they were in your house or should you say apartment.

You had an idea of what they were capable of from your sessions together but he also never went into depth about those things or topics and you didn't push.

Damit.

Now you kinda wish you did but at the same time don't since he could see you as more of a threat by knowing so much. It's likely he already does-

And now that he's out it's unlikely he was going to let you out of his sight or should you say grasp, either by killing you, which seemed like the easier option but presently didn't seem like it since he said he wasn't going to at the moment but his mind could change at any moment, he's a psycho path for god sakes.

Damit! You cursed in your head for the second time in a mere minute.

Why did stuff like this always happen to you?! Why can't you ever get a break?! If there was some god out there you wonder if they held some grudge towards you, wanting to see you suffer until you finally die. Maybe even more after death too.

You swear to god if you ever meet this god you were going to personally kill them.

Wally makes a pondering face bringing one of his large scared hands to his chin looking at the ceiling.

"Hmmm"

You watch him anxiously.

He then looks down at you with a smirk.

"That's also a secret~"

Your eyebrows furrowed together, he notices this and lets out a chuckle before putting both of his hands on your shoulders making you tense.

"How about... we go get that food you mentioned?~ quiet hungry at the moment, I haven't had a proper meal in a longggg time~"

He gazes into your E/c eyes, a toothy smile spreading across his face before he lets go of you turning around exiting the narrow hallway.

He disappears into the living room.

You could still feel the warmth of where his hands once rested.

—------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Authors Note:

I think y/ns going to kick my ass-

Ok first of all, how did we go from 4K just maybe like half a week to almost 6k?! Like I'm not complaining but DAMN MAN- HOW?! My writing sucks and I'm surprised people actually like the story- but either way I'm very grateful thank you... I'm going to have to change it from 4K special to 6k special lol 😭, yall not giving me a chance to catch up lol

I could've probably finished this chapter like a while ago but I had no motivation + was procrastinating very badly but HEY I posted before like a whole month passed sooooo yea. (I think...)

I also split this chapter in two kinda like the last one / first chap, it would have originally been like 2k words or something-

But either way I hope you liked it!!! Have a good rest of your day/evening/night!!

Word Count: 1015