Chapter 10

You stand very still, your mind racing.

You could leave now right now as you speak and escape but in the long run would it be worth it? Maybe you could hide out at (best friend's name) house?

No..

That wouldn't work.

You already knew from experience, and you didn't want to put him in any more danger than there needed to be.

'...'

You let out a long breath glancing behind you at the door before turning around, following after Wally.

...

As you walked into the small spacious living room you could see Wally's figure walking around in the kitchen opening cabinets, his broad back facing you. You just now notice he wore a white collared shirt and some blue jeans with apple patches sewn onto the back pockets.

You wondered how he got those clothes, they looked clean and new-

You shake your head putting those thoughts into the back of your head.

...

The walls of the living room and kitchen were a light pastel blue color near a shade of white.

There was a sofa on one side that faced the black tv that was on the same wall that the hallway from the front door was.

A coffee table sat between the two.

You could see into the kitchen since the wall was missing in the center stopping maybe an inch or centimeter above the counter and stopped maybe a foot or half a foot from the ceiling.

There were also three picture frames hanging on a wall, you didn't pay attention to them. The thought of taking them down here and there popped into your head but you were never able to in the end.

Next to the sofa was a little drawer/table that was similar to a bedside table or dresser.

A lamp sat on top of it.

You also ignored the other hallway that was on the opposite side of the other hallway.

...

Your attention was drawn away though before you could see if anything was touched or moved.

You hear him shuffling around inside the kitchen, seeing him out of the corner of your eye.

You then hear the fridge open and see his tall figure lean down to look inside.

You could tell he was scanning the contents.

He then stands back up to his full height, his hand resting on the top of the black textured door as he turns to me.

He didn't open the freezer, probably already knowing it would be empty.

You then realize before he started talking that he could've been here for at least approximately a day or two, maybe even more because that was the last time you had been here, and if he had been here for that long then he probably would've gone through your fridge.

He was most likely just entertaining you.

'How fun.' You think sarcastically.

¨Seems like your fridge and cabinets are empty dear, why is that?~"

"..."

"I just forgot to restock.." then cautiously add "Plus I'm never home so there's no point." You state, and it was true you were rarely home.

Even if you did stay at your apartment you would leave right away in the morning plus you were never even able to sleep in the first place so you just did more work on your computer or read.