CH-4. Durga Puja Outing

Yes, somewhere down the line I knew I liked Wrieck. I can't express anything or any reason as I don't have any reason to love him. I don't have any expectations for him to love me back also. But the thing is I knew we are not meant for each other. Our bond is of friendship at first. And even if I love him, my first duty is to be a good friend to him. As long as he is happy, I don't want anything. He is in relationship but it's complicated.
At first, I though it's some kind of normal attraction which will fade with time.

Today we celebrated Teachers' day in Account's tution. It was be fun but memorable too. We all together had planned a gift for sir which is a kurta and also a cup set. Sir liked it, he treated us with icecream. He went out after giving him them to us. But as Akash was on a diet. His part of ice cream was also Wrieck's job to finish. We all went to throw out the wrapper. And we stepped out to the garden.
The place is enchanting as always. It had plants and bushes with little little flowers. The place felt like a fairytale. And in the dark which was giving us light was not only the moon but sun too. The environment was so peaceful.

Everyone went inside after few minutes. I was about to but I heard a voice and I stopped.

"Madam khaben?"
"Will you eat?"

He signaled to the ice cream in his hand. He calls me Madam I know even my contact is saved on his phone with the name, "Radha Madam."
It feels too formal but the respect it holds. I will flip something in my stomach.

Of course, he has finished his one and now eating Akash's one. I can't say no to chocolate, can I? But the thing that he had already eaten didn't bother me. Am I doing too much? He has a girlfriend and it's wrong thing to do. Sometimes I think its not like I want to break them.
And loving is not a problem but wanting to be loved can be.

I don't know why this statement felt more like a question.

The festival which all the Bengalis wait for the whole year is knocking at the door.
Only few days left so, I asked Wrieck,

"Durgo pujo te berobi akdin?
"Shall we go out in Durga Puja one day?"

He nodded,"Yes no problem."

Ok Girl, don't be excited from now on. Nothing is conformed now. I have to take a friend with me otherwise my parents will not allow. Let's see what happens.

Time fled away so fast, it was the day. Ashtami of Durga Puja. I had decided to wear a red saree with white prints. I pinned up the front side of my hair back so that I will not feel sweaty. I didn't wear much makeup. I just adorned my forehead by applying a red bindi and dabbed the red lipstick on my lips. Saree was always a elegant to wear, it made me feel like a Goddess. I wear a golden jhumka and golden bangles with red glass bangles. I looked myself in the mirror and admired myself.

We decided to meet at the Gharir More at 12. I reached there by 12.30 and called them. Wrieck picked up and said,
"Ha ami beriye gechi ae pouchobo."
"Yes, I have started walking and I will reached there in a few minutes."

I hung up the call and there were two more friends who were yet to come and there were no sign of them.
I waited as the sun was burning above my head. It was a humid weather at least I felt like. My skin I knew till now it would have lost all its shine and must had become dull. I was determined to scold them. I looked at the people moving and doing their own work. I found a familiar pair of eyes and from the exact moment my frown was replaced with a smile which I didn't even knew.

Wrieck wore a black kurta with red embroidery work and black dhoti which was bordered with white and red designs. He held his phone in his right hand and earphones were plugged in his ears. He doesn't usually wear spectacles but that day he did. He was looking different but different in a way which made my heart jump internally. He surely was hypnotising me. At that moment I was lost in his beauty, the way the Sunray fell over him and the way it made his soul shine, till this day I remember the picture very well.