Chapter Twenty Seven: Mourning

“I- C-can we postpone the Reception?”

The food almost got stuck in my throat as I snapped my head in Kavya’s direction.

There she sat uncomfortably staring at everyone while they all were giving surprised looks at her.

Of course, it was all because of me. I am the one to be blamed here. Just when I thought we were now stepping on good terms in our relationship, I took it back to zero.

The time when we were nothing to each other.

Because of my jerk behaviour, she is now in a stage where I made her think about our marriage, our relationship, and our bond. I need to apologise soon before the situation slips out of my hand.

The association of our marriage was already tied with a weak thread, It was my responsibility to tie knots on the weak and loose thread to make our bond strong.

A mental note to make it up to Kavya and restart everything from the start, just like I did eight months before it.

I have to take the necessary steps to protect this relationship. But somewhere it all clenches my heart, a sudden uneasiness erupts in my whole body when she says to postpone the Reception, it's not just a reception for us. I would rather say, it was a reception to let the world know that from now onwards, Kavya only belongs to me, and this Abhinav Singhania Belongs to Kavya for this lifetime.

It was as if my wife accepted me after eight months of our relationship. Well again she was also forced to marry someone whom she despised all her childhood, it wasn't easy for her to marry someone like me whom she wasn't once acknowledged by. I wasn't one to show out to people I like, I couldn't express my feelings rather I lashed out at them. 

Knowing Kavya would have been happier if she had been married off to Bhai, but still, the feeling of jealousy couldn't take it and I disrespected my elder brother whom I loved all my childhood. I still vividly remember how I begged bhai to return home when he left the house and company before my and Kavya’s marriage. I was very ashamed of myself that he had to listen so much just because I could not content myself seeing Kavya getting married to Bhai.

I somehow hated myself for being this way. But leaving behind that I had to focus on our fragile relationship.

A loud thud sound made me glance up, only to meet a pair of eyes glaring or should I say burning in anger and fury.