𝐁𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫

【𝐊𝐚𝐧𝐚𝐨'𝐬 𝐏𝐨𝐯】

As Tanjiro quickly dragged me out of Master's sight, we stopped by a random gift store to catch our breath.

I glanced at Tanjiro; he was panting, likely tired and scared from Master's intimidating presence.

Before Tanjiro turned to look at me, our eyes met. I could feel my face burning as I quickly diverted my gaze to the gift shop.

The moment was awkward. All we could hear were the sounds of instruments, laughter, and our breathing.

" So... what are we going to do now..? " Tanjiro uttered. I gathered my confidence before turning to face him.

" I... I have no idea.. " I said shyly, trying to look at some random objects around us to divert my gaze from him.

" Me too... Wait! I have an idea! Why don't we enjoy this night together, right Kanao? " He said, moving closer to me. I looked at him and nodded in agreement.

Since we were close to the gift shop, we decided to enter as the start of our evening together. He browsed through random items and gifts, perhaps searching for something for Nezuko-chan.

I tried to calm myself, diverting my eyes from him and looking for gifts for Naho, Kiyo, and Sumi.

" Hey Kanao, what do you think about this? " He asked me. I turned to meet his gaze.

He was smiling, his crimson eyes shining brightly. He was holding a pink butterfly glasswork.

Under the illuminating lights inside the store, the piece of glasswork in his hand sparkled beautifully, almost like a gemstone.

" Wow... that's beautiful. " I said, looking at the glasswork he held before diverting my eyes from it to meet his gaze.

" Do you like it? " He asked me, I nodded.

" That will be the perfect gift for Nezuko-chan. " I replied, diverting my gaze from him and looking at random dishes and cups.

" No, this is for you. " Oh..

My eyes lit up, and I could feel my face heating up, my stomach fluttering with a fuzzy, nervous feeling. It was like I had butterflies in my stomach.

" H-Huh? " I stuttered, looking at him, flushed and confused by his earlier statement.

" So... do you like it? " He asked again in a softer tone. How could he be so calm while asking me this?

And what are these feelings I have for Tanjiro?

I nodded in response.

" Do you want anything else? " He asked me once more, looking like he was planning to pay for me.

I shook my head, trying to calm myself.

"Alright, um... How much is this one?" He asked one of the sellers standing behind him.

" Oh, this one? It will be around 1000 yen, but this glasswork is very old and dusty. Since you're buying it as a gift for your girlfriend, I can do 450 yen for you. " The seller replied brightly, probably adoring us.

E-EHHH!! DID HE JUST MENTION US AS A COUPLE??

" O-Oh! I think you misunderstood us, mister... We are just friends! She's my companion! " Tanjiro defended me, but the sellers around us, who had been listening to our conversation, started giggling.

" Yeah, whatever you say, young man. " The seller replied, smirking at us.

Both of our faces were burning. We quickly bought the glasswork and left the store.