Chapter 2:

[FLASH BACK:]

"Say goodbye to your mother." My step Dad called from behind me. I nodded, stepping forward and looking down into the casket. I felt tears prick my eyes, staring down at her folded hands. She was so young...why did we have to live in a world with monsters. Why did she have to be killed. First Dad...now Mama. Now all I have left is a step Mom, who lives in Oklahoma, and a step Dad. An evil man who makes me do mean things. He makes me distract people while he gives them drugs. I hate being that person, I wish I was normal. I wish my parents were still alive. Especially my Mom. I never knew my Dad...all I know is that he was a hunter too. He also left me money and weapons, but no clues on how to find them.

[END OF FLASHBACK:]

I woke up to the smell of breakfast. A smell I hadn't smelt in a while. I sat up grinning widely. I did a fist pump in the air, standing up from my bed. I stretched my arms up in the air, yawning. I walked out of my room and down the hall. The smell got stronger with each step. I finally got into the kitchen and saw Sam standing over the stove. He was making bacon. I squealed happily, rushing over to watch him cook it. I watched as he let them sizzle, and I walked up next to him. "You're making bacon?" I asked, though it was a rhetorical question he still answered. There's Sam for you. "Yeah...Um, I thought you and Dean would want some." He gave a small smile. I shrugged. Obviously, I wanted some. But I was in the mood for being annoying. "Nah...bacon is overrated..." I waved it off. His eyes widened, "What." He sounded shocked, making me laugh a little. "Just kidding...I really do want some." I chuckled a little more. "You should've seen your face though..." I bit back a grin. Sam shook his head smiling, "I was thinking...who is this and where the hell is (Y/N)?" Sam chuckled a little. "Don't do that again. I was about to grab some holy water..." Sam said, turning back to the food. After a while of watching the bacon sizzle, he put it all on a plate. "Is Dean up yet?" I asked, sitting down with him at the table we usually ate at. "Nope." He said, making my sinisterly grin. "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" I asked. Sam smiled, looking up from the food. "Probably not..." He sighed. "But go ahead and tell me." As soon as he said that it was my queue to tell him my plan. I loved pranking dean- or we loved pranking Dean. Although, I guess I was mostly a traitor. Because every time I pranked someone, the other helped me do it. It was a back and forth thing. Like that one time I put bleach in Sam's conditioner...good times. "So...we hide the bacon we save for Dean...Although I would eat it...but that would really piss him off..." I trailed off, looking off into the distance. I thought of all the bad things that could lead to. Sam's voice snapped me from my thoughts, "Okay? What's the rest of the plan." He asked, looking me straight in the eye. I looked back at him, trying to remember what I was going to say. Oh yeah. Dean. Bacon. Hiding. "So, we hide the bacon...and when he asks if we have anymore bacon, we tell him it's gone. But we'll obviously give him it later, because a grumpy Dean without bacon is like a death wish." I stood up from my chair. Ready to start the plan. I scarfed down a few pieces of bacon, before taking the last 5. I put them in a plastic bag in a drawer. I dusted my hands off, and smiled at Sam. I heard footsteps, indicating Dean was about to come in. "Showtime..." I walked over to the sink, pretending to wash dishes. "I smell bacon..." We both heard Dean say as he walked into the kitchen. "It's gone...(Y/N) ate it all." I head Sam say. "What? No she didn't..." Dean growled. "I'm afraid so..." Sam shrugged, sounding so casual. He was a damn good actor. "She knows not to eat all my bacon." Dean narrowed his eyes, looking toward me. I turned around to leave. I was getting way too nervous. I'd spill the truth if I stayed too long. "I'm just gonna..." I walked toward the exit of the kitchen, but Dean grabbed my arm in a tight hold. "Where's my bacon..." He said in a low voice, sounding mad. I tensed up, knowing I needed to tell him before he cut my arm circulation off. "Bottom drawer." I squeaked out. Dean let go of my arm, walking over and pulling the bacon out. "Ha, I knew it." He grinned childishly, biting off a piece of bacon. I scoffed at his instant change in behavior, walking off to my room.

[FLASH BACK:]

I was called out of the holding cell, because apparently someone was bailing me out. I walked out, but saw my step dad on the way out. He was not in a holding cell...he was getting onto a prison bus. I had no one else...who was bailing me out? I walked outside my holding cell, and into the lobby area to find a man and two boys. I titled my head confused. I had no clue who these people were. "Hi there, kid." The man called out to me. I never spoke much anymore since my Mama died last year. However, I did follow her wishes. Her last words to me...

"Don't cry, sugar. Smile. Be happy for me. No tears. No fears, Hun."

I smiled up at them, trying to at least seem happy. "Well, aren't you a bright one...I'm John Winchester. I was friends with your Daddy..." He looked down at the two boys. One of them had slightly spiky hair and was taller, and the other one had shaggy hair and looked younger than him. Maybe a little younger than me. "Well introduce yourselves, boys." John put his hand on the smaller one's back, giving him a small push toward me. "Hi...I'm Sam." He gave a genuine smile, reaching his hand out for a handshake. I shook his hand, nodding toward him. "This is my brother Dean..." He let go of my hand, and the taller one stepped up to me. "Hey there, sweetheart." Why did he call me sweetheart? Was it just a thing he did. I looked at Sam, tilting my head slightly as I shook Dean's hand. "Don't worry...it's just Dean. He won't bite." I nodded, letting go of Dean's hand, stepping back. "What's your name?" Sam asked. I had no clue what to do. I don't want to talk...I never talk. But...I guess I had to in this situation. "(Y/N)." I said quietly. "Oh, she does speak." Dean said, chuckling. I nodded shyly. Nobody could ever get me to talk, how did these random boys get me to talk in only the first 5 minutes of our meeting. John sighed, checking a watch on his left wrist. "We better get goin guys..." He started walking toward a car parked on the curb. It was a beautiful impala that reminded me of the one my Mama had. I stood there, hoping maybe there'd be someone to get me. I could possibly go to my stepmom's place...or- I was pulled from my thoughts as I heard someone calling my name. "What're you doin just standin there, kid?" I looked over, seeing John about to get in his car. "Come on (Y/N)! We're goin on a road trip!" Sam called out from the back window. I grinned happily, realizing they were taking me with them. I happily skipped toward the car, getting in as Sam held the back door open for me. I scooted in, feeling the hot leather against my arms and legs. I missed Mama's impala. Sam got in the other side, smiling at me. I smiled back. "So, you got somewhere to go? Some other family to take care of ya?" John called from the front seat. I shrugged. Other than my stepmom- but she lived in Oklahoma. And she was not a good parent. "No where?" Dean asked, looking around his seat. I pressed my lips into a firm line, shaking my head. Dean and John exchanged concerned glances. "I want her to stay..." Sam said, looking ahead. I smiled at his kindness. "Sammy...I don't know if we got any room for the girl..." John sighed. "We'll make room." Dean smiled back at me. They were so kind to me. Probably the kindest people I'd ever met other than my mother. 

[END OF FLASHBACK:]

I brushed my fingers over the scar on my left cheek, looking at the road ahead. Me, Dean, and Sam were off on another case. Dean was driving- as usual- as we were on our way to Oklahoma. To be honest, I wasn't the most excited about the case...because it's Oklahoma. The place my dad said my stepmom lived as a kid. I wonder if she's still alive. Either way, I don't want to meet her. My Dad left her right before he died. Which probably meant she was bad news. So, I'd try my best to steer clear of this 'Ellie.' My Mom said she was mean...but it probably came off that way to her because she was her ex-husband's new wife. I was pulled from my thoughts as my favorite song came on the radio. I sat up, grinning. Usually, I would break out in song, and sing so loudly sometimes even Dean would join in. And right now since I was feeling so many things including one, worry, because of my stepmom. Two, sadness because of my grieving of my dead parents. But like my mom said, 'smile for me, don't cry.' That's now my mission. The last time I cried was when she died. That was a very long time ago, which meant I was doing good so far. I took a deep, audible, breath in, ready to burst into the main chorus. "Don't start, (Y/N) ..." I heard Sam say grumpily. My brows furrowed; he never really asked me to stop. He usually put up with it. "Yeah...dude's got a huge headache right now...don't wanna mess with him." Dean explained, keeping his eyes on the road. I sighed out of sadness. I felt misery take over. I felt like I was going to cry...usually singing helped me when I felt sad. But I couldn't do it now. Making this car ride awful. "You're no fun..." I said, trying to mask the hurt I felt. I kept a smile on, looking out the window. I glanced back at Dean as he angled the mirror toward me, giving me a smile and wink through the little side mirror. I smiled back at him, but it wasn't a genuine smile...however, he bought it anyway. Good. He needed to be happy. They needed to be happy. That's what keeps me going every day. Seeing these two goofballs happy. I just wish I could be happy with them.