Chapter 3:

[FLASH BACK:]

I sat in the car, like my Mama told me to do while she hunted a vampire. She never let me help her. I don't know why, because I can handle myself. I'm good at fighting things...and I've told her this. But she says 'You can handle yourself just fine. But you can't handle these big nasty monsters just yet.' I sighed, kicking my feet back and forth. It's been way too long. I have to make sure she's okay. I grabbed the door handle, getting out of the car. I walked up to the front of the small house/cabin. I opened the door, peering in. I stepped in, closing the door behind me. "Mama?" I called out. I walked into the living room- at least it looked like one- and looked around. I saw my Mama tied up in a chair, she had tape over her mouth. She looked scared. "Mama!" I rushed up to her. She shook her head frantically, as if she wanted me to stop running. But it was too late...a guy came from around the corner. He grabbed me, holding something cold to my throat. A knife. I gasped as tears pricked my eyes. My Mama's eyes widened, and she shook in the chair, trying to get out. The guy holding me started to speak, "You killed my child..." The dude moved the knife up. "I kill yours..." He slid the knife across my cheek, making a cut. I yelped in pain, crying out. "Mama..." I sobbed sacredly. She mumbled something, but it was muffled through the tape across her mouth. Her eyes darted toward the huge knife looking thing on the floor. Oh yeah, a machete. "Or maybe I might just kill you, Angelica..." The guy let me go, and I fell to the ground. Grasping my cheek with my hand. So...vampires didn't look insane? They looked normal. This guy wasn't a guy...he was the monster. My Mama's eyes darted toward the knife on the ground again as I glanced up at her. I've seen her do this before. She'd chop their heads off. Was I ready for this though? Nope. I'd never be. But I had to. I grabbed the machete off the ground, as the vampire turned around facing my mom. I raised the huge machete and with one swift motion, chopped the head off. I grunted as it and he fell to the floor. Blood splattered all over my face, making my eyes widen, and my breath hitch. I just killed someone- no. I'd killed something. More tears fell as I rushed to Mama. I ran into her arms, hugging her gently just in case of injuries. I untied her hands, and she ripped the tape off her mouth. "(Y/N) ..." She said in a pained tone. What happened? Was she hurt? "Yes, Mama?" I answered, looking her in the eye. "You're gonna have to do things on your own from now on..." She grunted. "What do you mean?" I tilted my head. "I-" She didn't finish, looking down at her stomach. There was blood...A lot of it. I gasped, "No no no no no!" I exclaimed. Tears started pouring down my cheeks. I had no idea what to do. "Don't cry, sugar. Smile. Be happy for me. No tears. No fears, Hun." My mom murmured. Her eyes fluttered, but I couldn't cry anymore. I wiped my eyes, smiling a painful almost grimace, and nodding. "Okay...Okay mama. I promise." she put her hand on my cheek...but as her eyes fluttered one last time...her hand fell. Everything froze. Time stopped. She was dead. My Mama was dead.

[END OF FLASHBACK:]

I looked away from the window, and at Sam and Dean. Sam was asleep, his head against the window. Dean was driving, but emotionlessly. I wished things looked happier than they did. "Hey..." I heard Dean say, not taking his eyes off the road. "Hi..." I replied, sighing. "How are you holding up?" He asked, tapping his fingers on the steering wheel. 'Shitty. I want to be happy...but it's hard when everything else isn't.' Was what I was going to say. But I couldn't tell him that. "I'm honestly great." I smiled over at him. He raised a brow, looking at me through the rear view mirror. "Okay then..." he said, taking a turn. Did he not believe me? He should. He had to. I didn't want anyone to worry. I needed them happy.

______________________________

We got to the motel last night, and now we were going to investigate the case nearby. I'd grabbed last week's paper from the quick mart, but when I'd gotten back, I saw Sam and Dean fighting in the middle of the room. Sam was yelling at Dean, "Why the hell would you do that?" Sam exclaimed, sounding disappointed. "Hey guys..." I cleared my throat, both their heads whipped over in my direction. Sam let go of Dean's shoulders, shoving him back murmuring, "We'll talk about this later, Dean." Dean rolled his eyes, then turning to me. He smiled an awkward smile. What the hell was going on? Wait- no...he couldn't have figured it out? "What's going on?" I asked the awkward duo. Sam nudged Dean, and he shrugged. "I dunno what you're talking about...Sam was just- telling me about- uh..." Dean paused. "How I got into collage." Sam finished, nodding, then looking at Dean. I shook my head chuckling, knowing Dean didn't even care about that shit. But if they were lying to me, it was probably best to leave it alone for now. "M'kay...well I got the paper." I held up the newspaper from last week for the case. Sam nodded, "Uh, right." He walked up, reaching to grab it from my hand. I held it away, giving Sam an offended look. "Whoa, hold on, Samuel. Gotta say the magic word." I said, smiling smugly. Sam rolled his eyes, sighing, "Please, might I have the paper." He gave me a blank look, looking extremely annoyed. I kept that smug grin on my face, handing it to him. "You might, Samuel." He rolled his eyes again, "Thanks Bean." He returned the smug smile, and mine faded. I hated that nickname. 

[FLASH BACK:]

I walked inside the motel, my hood covering my face. I didn't want anyone to see how bad I was beaten up from a fight I'd gotten into on the way home from school. "(Y/N)! Dude, where the hell have you been? You were supposed to walk home from school with me and—" Dean paused, seeing my head hung low. I sniffled, not wanting to cry. "Sweetheart, what happened?" Dean said crouching a little bit since I was so short. "People were picking on me because of my hair at school..." I wiped a tear.  "I think your hair looks beautiful..." Dean said, brushing a strand from my face. I giggled, "Now. You gotta be strong and stand up for yourself. Don't just sit around like...like a..." Dean trailed off, trying to think of something that relates to something that doesn't do anything. "A bean." He finally said. "A bean?" I chuckled a little. "Ha! (Y/N)'s a bean!" Sam said, running up and ruffling my hair. I glared at him, "shut up, Sam... I'm gonna tell John If you don't stop." I crossed my arms. Sam's eyes slightly widened, "Geeze...okay, fine." He walked away. Dean smiled, winking at me as he walked off.

[END OF FLASHBACK:]