Jae I

The odd trio that had trampled his doorstep turned out to be a blessing in disguise. Jae knew he was being watched. He always had been, so he knew the feeling well enough to notice a new pair of eyes on him. He first noticed it a week ago. He and Ms. Soo were going out for a nightly walk, Jae could never stand the outside air of Seoul and saw no point in 'going for a walk'.

Why walk without purpose? Why move without destination?

But it made Ms. Soo happy, she loved the night air as well as any and all frivolous activities, like walking without a destination.

It makes her happy. Therefore, it's done.

It was on one of these walks that Jae noticed a man, seven feet tall or more, in a jumpsuit following them. Jae noticed immediately the obvious oddity of a man of such height in a country where the average for men was five foot seven. It became apparent that this strange giant was following them when Jae guided Ms. Soo to make three consecutive left turns. The giant stalked them with only the faintest attempts at stealth.

Anytime Jae moved his head, the giant would do his best at hiding, mostly ducking down alleyways or abruptly stopping and leaning against walls. Jae thought that he would attack then and there, he had readied his friend, loosening the sharp blade from its slumber in the sheath hidden in his coat, but they reentered the building unaccosted. This first encounter gave Jae a great amount of information:

The immense height, large forehead, comically large feet, and oversized hands of his pursuer suggested gigantism.

This man was not particularly intelligent or was confident enough in his talent for violence that he didn't care if Jae noticed his stalking, perhaps both.

This man was not associated with the paparazzi.

The giant had a way of knowing where Jae lived as the man was there when he and Ms. Soo left the building.

He was planning something. Most likely the murder of Jae himself. Why else stalk someone?

The giant was working alone. There are three groups interested in Jae enough to stalk him: A. His father's men and private eyes B. Paparazzi C. Fans/Stalkers. The giant had no camera, and that ruled out paparazzi and stalkers. The giant couldn't be working for his father either as his father only employed Koreans as he did not trust foreigners.

So, what did all of this tell Jae? It told him that this man was virtually no threat at all. He believed that there was not a man alive that could beat him in single combat, and though his body sadly bore no scars to prove he tested that theory time and time again. But that was the catch, no one could beat him in single combat. Jae was trained to fight against multiple opponents at once in the dojo, but fighting multiple master martial artists at once and fighting multiple trained killers at once were two different things. That's why he abandoned his plan to kick out that foreign trio once they revealed multiple attackers were coming.

A shame, really, I was so excited to deal with the assassin my father thought I needed help with on my own. He continues to be my greatest nuisance...

After telling the soldier, the street tough, and the little prince his plan, they agreed.

They all stalked off back down the service elevator to take up their positions, as Jae instructed.