Chapter 26

I get ripped out of my dreamless sleep by a knock on the door. I fell asleep? My heart is beating fast as I try to orient myself. Another knock makes me jump out of bed. Did I forget something? I pull the towel tightly around my chest and open the door. Gojo. Shit. Right. He looks at me for a second before I slam the door shut.

"What?" I ask through the door.

I can hear him laugh. "It's six," he replies.

"Shit! Sorry! I fell asleep."

Gojo laughs again. "It's alright. Just get dressed."

I'm about to walk away when I hesitate. I push all of my thoughts aside and just do what I want to do. Turning around, I open the door. Gojo is leaning on the wall across from me, his arms crossed, and he's grinning.

"Wait inside," is all I say before I walk back into my room.

I grab my clean uniform from my bag and shut the bathroom door behind me just as I hear Gojo closing the other door. When I drop the towel, I realize I haven't taken any underwear with me. What is wrong with me? That nap was not as refreshing as I would have liked.

"Gojo?" I call.

"Yes?"

"Can you shut your eyes?"

He laughs. "Why?"

"Because I forgot to take underwear with me, and I need to come back out."

"I can bring it to you if you want," he suggests, but I can hear his grin, and it makes me narrow my eyes.

"No! Don't you dare touch my underwear!" I whine. "Please, just close your eyes."

Only when there's a reluctant "fine" from him do I open the bathroom door and almost laugh when I see him sitting on the edge of my bed, covering his eyes with his hands. I mean, yes, I wouldn't have known if he had closed his eyes behind those sunglasses, but he just looks so cute.

With my panties and bra in my hands, I slip back into the bathroom and finally get dressed. Gojo doesn't say anything when I come back out. He's only grinning, and that's even worse than anything he could be saying.

We head outside and immediately get assaulted by the humidity and heat. Gojo snorts when he notices my discomfort, so I glare up at him. "Oh, shut up."

"I've been talking too much today, haven't I?" he says, and I swear if he's referring to the lunch-thing, I will smack him across the face. Or try to, I guess.

"No, you know," I say and sigh, "I do actually don't mind it so much anymore when you talk."

He laughs again and pushes his sunglasses up his nose. "Why, thank you."

We just walk for a while and don't even necessarily talk. We're just looking around at the people and the stores, but we don't go in anywhere. It feels almost nice, which is weird, but I'm trying to get used to it. Gojo reminds me of that one time he and Shoko beat me and Utahime in basketball, and I remind him that it's only because he cheated.

"I would never cheat!" he exclaims.

I roll my eyes. "You definitely somehow cheated. Utahime and I aren't even that bad at basketball."

"Yeah, you're not bad, but you're not better than me."

"Right, because you have to be good at everything," I snap at him, suddenly very irritated.

"Exactly," he replies and also sounds like he's had enough of me now. "I can't help it if everything I try just comes easy to me."

I can't tell if he's being sarcastic or not, but either way, it's annoying the hell out of me. "You really need to learn how to be less arrogant."