CHAPTER FOUR: Deal With The Devil.

New Orleans, September 5th, 1910.

"You keep your head on straight girl

"You keep your head on straight girl. Remember, the devil can hear your prayers too." Mama Diane told her daughter as she looked out the window at the man coming to take her daughter out.

Outside stood Louis leaned against his car. Diane Was knew men like Louis Pointè Du Lac in her day. Lean tall body, Neatly pressed suit, smooth talking, intoxicating smile, and hair like the ocean. She knew it wouldn't take much for her babygirl to be wrapped around his finger, but she just hoped and prayed she remembered who raised her.

Mama Diane didn't trust Louis. She knew what he did for work, the women at church always give his mother a hard time about it with there gossiping and whatnot, about all the women he had pimped out, the gambling, the drugs. She didn't want him around her child but she knew that Beyoncé was an adult, and she was gonna do what she wanted.

"Yes mama. But Louis is nice he wouldn't-" Bey started to answer.

Mama Diane grabbed her face. " don't you neva say a man wouldn't. Don't you put him on no pedestal. You look at a man like a god and he will show you that he is a man. Rise you to the top of Mount Everest n' drop ya to the depths of hell it you let em'."

She paused seeing Beyoncé visibly upset at her mothers harsh yet truthful words.

"You're smart, you'll know when something is wrong. But be on alert. Don't give him too much authority over you, don't chase him. And do not give him that body of yours." She said releasing her.

"Yes mama. I don't wanna keep him waiting. See you later mama" Bey said kissing her mother on the cheek and walking out the door.

"Girl I almost thought you was standin' me up" Louis said taking her hand and leading her into his passenger seat.

"Boy wasn't nobody gon stand you up! My mama was just sending me off" she laughed.

He got into the driver seat n laughed.

"What she give you the talk?" He asked.

Play it cool.

"Pft. No, she was just helping me with my hair!" She giggled, saying that last part in a British accent mocking Marie Antoinette.

Louis laughed n shook his head.

He tried to match her energy with his horrible British accent "ok my lady! Where are we off to?" She almost choked on her spit.

"Ok I admit. I'm not good at the overseas dialect. But seriously where you wanna go?" he said looking at her than back at the road.

She looked at the clock above the old radio.

8:30 PM

"I'll go anywhere with you Louie, you got me all night." She smirked.

"All night?" He asked.