CHAPTER FIVE: Teenage Dream

New Orleans, October 1, 1910.

It had been two weeks since Louis and Beyoncé had started going steady and as much as they tried to be discreet, everyone knew about them

Louis felt like for the first time he finally had someone other than Paul that he could actually confide in, except maybe Lestat, But after he had been distancing himself from him after he caused a scene at his family dinner with Paul. Bey was his safe space, his peace; and because of her, he was currently sitting in church again for the 3rd Sunday now which satisfied his brother and mother very much.

Louis couldn't keep his attention on the pastor for more than 10 seconds before his eyes slowly drifted back to a certain 23 year old behind him. He slightly nodded his head as she blushed, signaling her to go to the bathroom and she did so, with him getting up to go 5 minutes after.

She wandered around to look for him, not knowing where he went to hide, but was quickly pulled into a staircase.

"Louis, we can't go up there, that's the balcony!" She whisper yelled.

He smirked. "You trust me?" He asked.

She nodded and he lead her up the stairs to the empty balcony behind the seats and they sat down.  The balcony was usually empty unless the whole town showed up for a holiday, in that case the church was so packed that people would even stand during the service, so they didn't have to worry.

She leaned on his shoulder as they sat on the floor and just listened to the service.

"Because we must understand that the devil is OLD. He is immortal, he is smarter than we, but not smarter than HE, uhhuh. The devil can hear you prayers, and can come packaged as everything you've ever wanted, so we must trust the lord and his mission for us to walk by faith! And not by sight!" Her father preached and the congregation jeered.

"Yo daddy sumthin' else you know dat?" Louis laughed.

She wrapped her arm around his waist. "You know it ha" she giggled.

"You think we'll be all religious like them when we get old?" He asked.

"You thinkin long term huh?" She giggled.

Louis bent down and began to kiss her gently. She however added passion to the kiss, hungrily wanting more.

While Bey hasn't let Louis deflower her, they did do other things. Or better yet, he explored her, with her permission. He pushed her back and pulled her dress up. He began to kiss down her stomach and play with the hem of her panties before sliding them off.